Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Edit form not displaying

This support ticket is created Il y a 5 années et 4 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Marqué : 

This topic contains 5 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by jasonw-2 Il y a 5 années et 4 mois.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Auteur
Publications

I am trying to: Create and use and edit form.

What's happening is that I have a post form that works. I created an edit form and then put that shortcode into a content template. When I put this link into into the actual post, or (I have it in a view that displays all posts, it just loads the page itself and doesn't seem to even attempt to show the edit form.

I've tried numerous things and nothing changes the result. Any help would rock. 🙂

(You can access the 'events' right from the login page after you login. I have put an edit link on the single events as well as on the login page on the side. You'll see what I'm trying to do)

Thank you!! 🙂

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Jason,

Thank you for contacting us and I'll be happy to assist.

I've noticed that your single event pages are using an Elementor template "Single Event".
( hidden link )

But, that template is neither using the Toolset's content template or Elementor's "Post Content" widget to show the content, which is why the edit form's content template is never loaded.

You can replace your "Text editor" widget with a "Post Content" widget and the edit form will show though it's edit link.
( screenshot: hidden link )

I hope this helps and let me know how it goes.

regards,
Waqar

editedit.jpg

Hey there, Waqar!

This is my first go-round with Elementor. I popped that Post Content widget into the page there like you suggested and I was expecting to be able to input something into it. I do not understand what that exactly does but it will put the edit form into whatever box I put it into. My issue now is that it's leaving the Featured image and the "event details" still on the page when the editing form is being displayed (see screenshot).

This site is kind of a mess the way I have everything displaying a single event. I have GeneratePress populating stuff into the header, etc. There's no way I'd build it the same way if I had it over. Again, just trying new things and then figuring out later that the way I did it wasn't the best way I could have.

My question is. Can I 'not' display the featured image and event details boxes while I am showing the edit form? I just tried using a content template to display the featured image and event details hoping they would disappear on edit and that didn't work either. Any thoughts on how to remove them while displaying the edit form?

Thanks for your help!!

Jason

There's something off about this and that content widget. Why can I made a single post template in elementor and then not edit in that template? Now, after messing with this even more, I'm getting duplicate content because of that content widget (see the Pancakes event)... 🙂

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Jason,

Thanks for writing back.

The Elementor's "Post Content" widget, shows the content that is saved in the content area.

Since your website's template is using a different field "Event Details" to show the same content, it is shown twice on the single event pages.

To hide the new "Post Content" section when viewing the single event post, show the edit form when the edit link is clicked and also hide the content and the featured image section while editing the form, I'll suggest following steps:

1. Please open your "Single Event" template for editing.
( hidden link )

2. Edit the section that you've added for the "Post Content" widget and add class name single-edit-form-container in it's "CSS Classes" field, as shown in this screenshot:
hidden link

3. Repeat the same for your section for the featured image and the content, to add class name single-edit-content-container, as shown in this screenshot:
hidden link

4. In this template's global settings, add following custom CSS code to hide the new post content section, while the single event posts are just being viewed.

.elementor-inner .elementor-section-wrap .single-edit-form-container {
  display: none;
}

5. As the last step, open your Toolset content template "Edit Events Template" ( hidden link ), which includes the shortcode to load the edit form and include the following custom CSS code into the "CSS editor" tab, to hide the featured image and content section and only show the editing form, when the edit link is clicked:

.elementor-inner .elementor-section-wrap .single-edit-content-container {
  display: none !important;
}

.elementor-inner .elementor-section-wrap .single-edit-form-container {
  display: block !important;
}

Let me know how it goes and if you have a question around any of these steps.

regards,
Waqar

Thanks, Waqar! Works like a champ.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.