Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Dynamic Field values from CPT

Ce fil est résolu. Voici une description du problème et la solution proposée.

Problem: I want to create a select field with multiple options, and set the value of another custom field depending on the value selected in the select field.

Solution: You can use custom code with the cred_save_data API to get the selected value from one field and save a corresponding value into a Types custom field programmatically. You can find the field selections in the $_POST superglobal. Types fields have a key of "wpcf-" plus the field slug. Generic fields have a key identical to the field slug. So if the select field is a Types field with the slug "select-field", then you would be able to get the selected value like so:

$_POST['wpcf-select-field']

If it is a generic field with the slug "select-field", then you would be able to get the selected value like so:

$_POST['select-field']

Use the WP function update_post_meta to set a Types field value programmatically. A full example:

add_action('cred_save_data', 'tssupp_set_selected_value',10,2);
function tssupp_set_selected_value($post_id, $form_data) {
  $forms = array( 123 );
  if ( in_array( $form_data['id'], $forms ) )
  {
    $selected = $_POST['wpcf-select-field'];
    update_post_meta( $post_id, 'wpcf-points-field', $selected);
  }
}

You would change 123 to be the numeric ID of the Form, wpcf-select-field to be the slug of the select field (with the wpcf- prefix if this is a Types field), and wpcf-points-field to be the slug of the points field (with the wpcf- prefix if this is a Types field). That would save the selected value of the select field into the points field when the Form is submitted.

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/cred-api/#cred_save_data
https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/functions/update_post_meta/

This support ticket is created Il y a 3 années et 7 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 4 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by larryL Il y a 3 années et 7 mois.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Auteur
Publications

Continuing from where I left on https://toolset.com/forums/topic/pass-value-to-number-field-in-cred/

I decided to create a select field with multiple options, depending upon which options the user selects a different number field appears (condtionally) with a set value in it.

IOW - Option A could be 1, Option B could be .5, Option C could be 3, etc...

What I am wondering is how I can save that selected value to a 'points' number field. So if the user selects 'option B' which has the value of .5 - .5 is also displayed AND saved to the 'points' field.

Thanks!

Larry

I decided to create a select field with multiple options, depending upon which options the user selects a different number field appears (condtionally) with a set value in it.
You can use custom code with the cred_save_data API to get the selected value from one field and save a corresponding value into a Types custom field programmatically. You can find the field selections in the $_POST superglobal. Types fields have a key of "wpcf-" plus the field slug. Generic fields have a key identical to the field slug. So if the select field is a Types field with the slug "select-field", then you would be able to get the selected value like so:

$_POST['wpcf-select-field']

If it is a generic field with the slug "select-field", then you would be able to get the selected value like so:

$_POST['select-field']

Use the WP function update_post_meta to set a Types field value programmatically. A full example:

add_action('cred_save_data', 'tssupp_set_selected_value',10,2);
function tssupp_set_selected_value($post_id, $form_data) {
  $forms = array( 123 );
  if ( in_array( $form_data['id'], $forms ) )
  {
    $selected = $_POST['wpcf-select-field'];
    update_post_meta( $post_id, 'wpcf-points-field', $selected);
  }
}

You would change 123 to be the numeric ID of the Form, wpcf-select-field to be the slug of the select field (with the wpcf- prefix if this is a Types field), and wpcf-points-field to be the slug of the points field (with the wpcf- prefix if this is a Types field). That would save the selected value of the select field into the points field when the Form is submitted.
API documentation is available here:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/cred-api/#cred_save_data
https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/functions/update_post_meta/

Here is the section of the form I'm dealing with:

<div class="row">
		<div class="form-group col-sm-12">
			<label>Leave Type Points</label>
			[cred_field field='leave-type-points' force_type='field' class='form-control' output='bootstrap']
		</div>
	</div>
	<div class="row">
		<div class="col-sm-1">
	[cred_show_group if="( $(leave-type-points) eq 'Sick Leave' ) OR ( $(leave-type-points) eq 'Vacation' ) OR ( $(leave-type-points) eq 'Bereavement' )" mode="fade-slide"]
	<div class="row">
			<label>Excused</label>
			[cred_field field='leave-type-zero' force_type='field' class='form-control' output='bootstrap']
		</div>
	</div>[/cred_show_group]
		</div>
		<div class="col-sm-1">
	[cred_show_group if="( $(leave-type-points) eq 'Late Call Off' )" mode="fade-slide"]
	<div class="row">
			<label>Late Call Off</label>
			[cred_field field='late-call-off' force_type='field' class='form-control' output='bootstrap']
		</div>
	</div>[/cred_show_group]
		</div>
		<div class="col-sm-1">
	[cred_show_group if="( $(leave-type-points) eq 'Left Post Early' )" mode="fade-slide"]
	<div class="row">
			<label>Left Post Early</label>
			[cred_field field='left-post-early' force_type='field' class='form-control' output='bootstrap']
		</div>
	</div>[/cred_show_group]
		</div>
		<div class="col-sm-1">
	[cred_show_group if="( $(leave-type-points) eq 'No Call / No Show' )" mode="fade-slide"]
	<div class="row">
			<label>No Call / No Show</label>
			[cred_field field='no-call-no-show' force_type='field' class='form-control' output='bootstrap']
		</div>
	</div>[/cred_show_group]
		</div>
		<div class="col-sm-2">
	[cred_show_group if="( $(leave-type-points) eq 'Other' )" mode="fade-slide"]
	<div class="row">
			<label>Enter other points</label>
			[cred_field field='other-ltp' force_type='field' class='form-control' output='bootstrap']
		</div>
	</div>[/cred_show_group]
		</div>
		<div class="col-sm-2">
	[cred_show_group if="( $(leave-type-points) eq 'Tardy (+/- 30min)' )" mode="fade-slide"]
	<div class="row">
			<label>Tardy (+/- 30min)</label>
			[cred_field field='tardy-plus-minus-30' force_type='field' class='form-control' output='bootstrap']
		</div>
	</div>[/cred_show_group]
		</div>
		<div class="col-sm-2">
	[cred_show_group if="( $(leave-type-points) eq 'Tardy (30 min+)' )" mode="fade-slide"]
	<div class="row">
			<label>Tardy (30 min+)</label>
			[cred_field field='tardy-plus-30' force_type='field' class='form-control' output='bootstrap']
		</div>
	</div>[/cred_show_group]
		</div>
		<div class="col-sm-2">
	[cred_show_group if="( $(leave-type-points) eq 'Tardy (61 min+ no notice)' )" mode="fade-slide"]
	<div class="row">
			<label>Tardy (61 min+ no notice)</label>
			[cred_field field='tardy-61' force_type='field' class='form-control' output='bootstrap']
		</div>
	</div>[/cred_show_group]
		</div>
	</div>

Can I still use the code you posted? Is this doable?

Thanks

It seems fine to me. I don't see any reason you shouldn't be able to use the cred_save_data hook to capture the information stored in one or more of the fields and save that information in another field or fields when this form is submitted. I don't see any generic fields used here, so you would use the wpcf- prefix with the field slug to access the saved field information in the $_POST superglobal, and then you could save that information somewhere else if you'd like using update_post_meta. If you're having trouble getting this to work I would need to see the code you have implemented, and I would need to know where else you want to save the field information when the Form is submitted.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.