Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Duplicate custom post with Custom Fields Group

This support ticket is created Il y a 1 an et 8 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 3 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Minesh Il y a 1 an et 8 mois.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Auteur
Publications
Screenshot 2022-08-01 at 10.49.26 PM.png
Screenshot 2022-08-01 at 10.51.26 PM.png

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have a custom post type 'Course' and custom field group 'Materials'; 'Materials' is the repeatable group to the custom posts 'course'. How can I duplicate the custom post course with all custom field group content together?

Best regards,

Kelvin

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

As I understand, you want to duplicate the post but to duplicate the post, are you using any third-party plugin?

And with that duplicate post feature, you want that the Toolset repeating field group should also be duplicated with the content - correct?

Also, I would like to have debug information that will help us to debug and investigate your issue:
- https://toolset.com/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Dear Minesh,

Yes, I use 3rd-party plugins (Duplicate Page) to duplicate the custom post created by Toolset. I also want to duplicate the repeating field group.

Best regards,

Kelvin.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

As far as I can see if I'm not wrong the plugin "Duplicate page" does not offer any hook.

Internally, the repeating field group is managed as one-to-many post relationship. So, all entries you add to repeating field group will be added as child post and parent post will be to which you attached and set your repeating field group to display.

For instance, if you have post type "Students" and you added repeating field group namely "Skills" having fields (skill name, skill description, skill level) and set this repeating field group to display on "Student" post type. Then there will be one-to-many post relationship between post type "student" and "skills" (repeating field group slug will be treated as post type automatically).

Here are few links that should help you to know how it works:
- https://toolset.com/forums/topic/im-unable-to-duplicate-post-with-its-repeating-field-content-2/
- https://toolset.com/de/forums/topic/i-want-help-for-duplicate-post-with-repeatable-fieldgroup/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.