Skip Navigation

[Fermé] Display category title

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created Il y a 11 années et 10 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 4 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Dido Il y a 11 années et 10 mois.

Assisted by: Caridad.

Auteur
Publications

Hi, I'm using types for the first time. Great stuff!

I'm building a website with 3 CPT categories, Olieverf, Oliepastel and Tekeningen

Now I want to display the category name on the category page, but I don't know how to do it.
I got this hidden link

Can someone tell me?

Dear Dido,

The Categories that ship with WordPress are designed to work with regular Posts.
If you want to categorize a Custom Post Type, its best to create a Custom Taxonomy for it. Try it and it should all work.

Regards,
Caridad

I made these Custom Taxonomy, but maybe the theme is not right. The theme I use doesn't contains a category.php, only archive.php. Maybe is that the problem?

Dear Dido,

In your archive.php file you need to add some code to recognize your custom taxonomy.

Or you can copy archive.php to archive-categorie.php and use:

<h1><?php echo get_queried_object()->name ?></h1>

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can assist you with.

Regards.
Caridad

Hi Caridad,
It works, but only when I save it as archive.php

Le sujet ‘[Fermé] Display category title’ est fermé à de nouvelles réponses.