Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Custom User Field: Label Displays but Value Doesn't

This support ticket is created Il y a 7 années et 8 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 5 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by julieP Il y a 7 années et 8 mois.

Assisted by: Shane.

Auteur
Publications

I'm using Toolser Starter & Layouts.

I have a Custom User Field called 'daily rate'.

I have a CRED Post Form which automatically populates the author's name, their email address and the above custom field using the usermeta fields. However, whilst the first two are working the third isn't (only the label is showing). I've checked that the entered data matches the field type (numeric).

here's my code in the form:-

<div class="cred-field">
		<label class="cred-label">	
          Daily Rate (£)
      </label>
      [types usermeta='daily-rate' format='FIELD_VALUE' user_is_author='true'][/types]
</div>

Any ideas what the problem might be please?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Julie,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Is this a CRED form ?

If so then you will need to Click on the Add User Fields button in order to Add the CRED shortcode for the custom field to you form.

What you have currently is the Types shortcode and what should be there is the one for CRED.

Thanks,
Shane

It's a CRED Post Form, not a CRED User Form, so the only fields available are either via 'Fields & Views' or 'Add Post Fields'. I've added the field as a custom User Field and the only place I can 'pick' it from is 'Field & Views'>'Customer Profile(usermeta fields)'.

As this isn't working, where else can I store a 'daily rate' which is unique to each user and which I can add to a CRED Post Form? (I don't wish to use woocommerce for this project).

Thanks

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Julie,

So what you are trying to do is essentially display the current user's information on the CRED post form Correct?

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

Some of the current user's information, yes (wordpress standard fields author and email plus my user custom field).

I've found another post similar to this one that didn't come up in my earlier searches and I now realise I can only use a User Custom Field on a User Form. Mine is a Post Form.

As a workable solution, I'm going to split my form into two (one user, one post) and create two steps in the process. In some ways this is better; I can get users to check their personal details at the same time!

Thanks for your help

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.