Skip Navigation

[Résolu] CRED form notification email

Ce fil est résolu. Voici une description du problème et la solution proposée.

Problem:

Once before a had this issue and we solve this, but obviously this does not work again. I'm sending to post author notification about expired post. We are notifying author 7 days before expiration. I'm doing this on add and edit post form, not sure if I need to add on both forms this notifications.

Solution:

The post expiration feature of Toolset Forms plugin is based on WordPress CRON job, so if you add post expiration setting in both creating post form and editing post form, it will add two CRON job for each post, and your users will get two email notifications.

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created Il y a 3 années. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 8 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by zeljko-turkaljS Il y a 3 années.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Auteur
Publications

Hi guys,

once before a had this issue and we solve this, but obviously this does not work again. I'm sending to post author notification about expired post. We are notifying author 7 days before expiration. I'm doing this on add and edit post form, not sure if I need to add on both forms this notifications.

This is what I send as a message:
Dear %%USER_FIRST_NAME%%,

your Listing %%POST_TITLE%% (%%POST_LINK%%) is about to expire. You have 7 days to reset expiration date. After this time, your Listing will not be visible in Businesses for Sale page.

Best Regards
Georgia Association of Business Brokers

This is what author of the post receive in email message:
Dear ,

your Listing – is about to expire. You have 7 days to reset expiration date. After this time, your Listing will not be visible in Businesses for Sale page.

Best Regards

Can you please advise

Sasa Vidakovic
Deal Studio

Hello,

The post expiration feature of Toolset Forms plugin is based on WordPress CRON job, so if you add post expiration setting in both creating post form and editing post form, it will add two CRON job for each post, and your users will get two email notifications.

What do you mean this:

once before a had this issue and we solve this, but obviously this does not work agai

Please elaborate the question with more details, provide detail steps to reproduce the same problem, thanks

Dear Luo, you have my question above...

This is what I send as a message:
Dear %%USER_FIRST_NAME%%,

your Listing %%POST_TITLE%% (%%POST_LINK%%) is about to expire. You have 7 days to reset expiration date. After this time, your Listing will not be visible in Businesses for Sale page.

Best Regards

This is what author of the post receive in email message:
Dear ,

your Listing – is about to expire. You have 7 days to reset expiration date. After this time, your Listing will not be visible in Businesses for Sale page.

Best Regards

Can you please advise

Sorry Luo, I hit the send button to early...

I'm sending those messages when the post is about to expire. For some reason earlier we had a same issue, and one of your support tech guys give me those shortcodes, which are not available from GUI. And this has worked. We have now again some complaints that expiration notification emails do not have those placeholders (Listing Title, User First Name, ... and so on...). I need there assistance. Why is this happening?

Also, we have three notifications, one for post author, one for site admin and one for me. Author is receiving those messages, but two others are not send out.

Also, you told me that if I add notifications to both forms (ADD and EDIT) the expiration notification messages will be send out two times. What is the best practice, to add only on post creation or when the post is edited? I believe when the post is created, I just need your confirmation for that.

If you need further explanation, please let me know

Best regards
Sasa Vidakovic
Deal Studio

Please try these:
replace %%USER_FIRST_NAME%% with:
[wpv-post-author format="meta" meta="first_name"]
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/views/views-shortcodes/#vf-154504
replace %%POST_TITLE%% with: [wpv-post-title]
replace %%POST_LINK%% with: [wpv-post-link]

And test again

More help:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/views/views-shortcodes/#wpv-post-title
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/views/views-shortcodes/#wpv-post-link

Hi Luo, can you just please tell me where should I add those messages. To ADD post or to EDIT post form?

I will replace those shortcodes with those above. Thanks

Best regards

Sasa Vidakovic
Deal Studio

It depends on yourself, if you want setup the expiration email notification when user create the new post, then setup it in ADD post form.
If you want setup the expiration email notification only after edit the existed post, then setup it in EDIT post form.

In my opinion, you just need to setup it in the ADD post form.

Thanks Luo, I leave that as it is. As we have option where broker/agent can create and edit listings on the website from cred form, we need to leave this option as it is. We are creating expiration date when the listing is created, but also expanding that date if the listing is edited.

I will give you feedback if I have any other issues with this configuration.

As always thanks a lot.

Best regards

Sasa Vidakovic
Deal Studio

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.