Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Creating Many to Many Relationships

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created Il y a 9 années et 6 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

This topic contains 1 réponse, has 1 voix.

Last updated by toddC Il y a 9 années et 6 mois.

Auteur
Publications

I am trying to:
create many to many relationships between 2 Post Types. The way it currently works, a child may only select one parent. Another issue is the parent can add multiple child, but only by creating new post-types, it would be nice to select from currently existing post-types to make a relationship.

I visited this URL:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/creating-post-type-relationships/
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/many-to-many-post-relationship/

I expected to see:
A search form to search through previous forums incase this issue was addressed but, there's currently a JS error preventing the search form from displaying.

Suggestion:
Post relationship as I thought it would work before messing around with it, would be a much more modular tool if one may create just plain relationships, instead of a hierarchal/parenting relationship. Something more along the lines of cousin -> cousins && cousins ->cousin in the family tree perspective, with both entities having the ability to select previously created content.

Thanks for your time.

Just created a central connection hub, as suggested in your document.

Le forum ‘Types Community Support’ est fermé à de nouveaux sujets et réponses.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.