Skip Navigation

[Résolu] create a 2 section footer

This support ticket is created Il y a 4 années et 3 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Marqué : ,

This topic contains 2 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by martinE-4 Il y a 4 années et 3 mois.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Auteur
Publications
My 2 section footer.jpg

I would like to create a 2 section footer.
The first section would have 3 widgets in 3 columns across the content width, with a dark background. That seems simple and staightforward.
The second footer section below the first, would be only 1 column stretching the entire content width, and would contain a toolset view on a light background. That seems to be the hard part - creating this second area which has a toolset view and resides at the bottom of each page.

How do I do this with GeneratePress (premium) and Toolset Views. I think it used to be possible with Toolset Layouts but I am using the new Views using the block editor on my new site so I'm not sure how to go about this?

I would appreciate your opinion of how to best approach this without necessarily purchasing another page builder...
The only thoughts I could come up with were adding blocks to the bottom of each of my content templates to accomplish what I want? ( I have about 6 different content templates for the custom post types and archives). Of course these 'footer' blocks would not actually be in the theme footer but probably I could make it look as if they were. I would also have to keep 6 templates up to date rather than 1, but maybe that is the only way?

(this was the only doc I found that related but it seems old?)
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/layouts/hierarchical-layouts/

Many thanks.

Hello,

Toolset Views content template can only works in post content area, for the footer area, I suggest you try the GeneratePress built-in settings, since I don't have a copy of GeneratePress premium in my localhost, so I have tried GeneratePress free version in my localhost, it works fine, I can setup 3 widgets in one row and another widget in second row. I suggest you try to setup the footer widgets by follow their document:
hidden link

Thanks for your CSS solution. That would work, but it was easier for me using the 'Element' in GeneratePress Premium to add a views shortcode and give it a hook to assign it to the location after_footer_widgets.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.