Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Content list format inside block is not kept on the frontend

This support ticket is created Il y a 4 années. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Marqué : 

This topic contains 9 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by GinaM9227 Il y a 4 années.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Auteur
Publications

Thank you that helps. I tried everything but the post body was not showing up and now it is.

I have a follow up question about the formatting of the Post Body - on the back end, the post body is formatted with font type, and bullet points - see attached.

However when I see the post body on the front end, all of the formatting is list and especially the bullet points are gone. Why is this happening? Is there something that I can do to fix the formatting so the front end looks the same as the back end?

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Français (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This may be a general issue or related to how the content was first created. Can you provide a URL where I can see this issue? I'll investigate from then to check why.

Here is a URL where the issue appears - it is an issue with every single Single Product post that the formatting on the post body is lost, especially inability to do bulletpoints, underline etc.

hidden link

Jamal
Supporter

It seems that WooCommerce is styling lists inside product pages to "none". I added the following code to the content template CSS section and it displayed the dots styling for the list. Check hidden link

.woocommerce ul {
  list-style-type: disc;
}

In this section, you can customize any styles for the product page.

product_des_formatting.jpg

That's great that the lists are now appearing, but it seems not aligned to the rest of the content.

Is there css to simply keep the entire content body 'as is' - meaning exactly as it was before? The post field is already formatted when it was submitted so we want to keep the original formatting. Maybe a 'wysiwyg css' code?

Jamal
Supporter

The styles are actually applied as-is. But WooCommere is adding its own styling. To work around it, you will need to add custom CSS as the one I added/suggested.
From a WordPress perspective, using Blocks is a totally different experience than the WYSIWYG one. Themes, plugins, and users will need to adapt, especially when using different plugins. WooCommerce, for example, is not using Blocks for product description, yet.

The CSS code that I added to the content template is only to override a WooCommerce defined style. You can add to it a margin-left value to make the list move to the right.

.woocommerce ul {
  list-style-type: disc;
  margin-left: 20px;
}

Basically, if the theme or WooCommerce does not support product descriptions inside blocks, the only thing can Toolset provide, is the custom CSS section to customize the style of your website the way you feel.

So you are saying that Woocommerce is applying its own styling? Is it possible to remove the Woocommerce styling completely?

Thanks

Jamal
Supporter

I think it is possible, but it may break some WooCommerce pages(cart, checkout, account). Check this article from WooCommerce:
- https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/disable-the-default-stylesheet/
And this other article hidden link

Thank you very much. I will do some reading.

The issue is solved.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.