Skip Navigation

[Transféré au 2e niveau] conditional

This support ticket is created Il y a 3 années et 2 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Marqué : 

This topic contains 12 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Christian Cox Il y a 3 années et 1 mois.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Auteur
Publications

Try to execude view inside the condition, but wpv-view shortcode isn´t evaluated. Just printed on the screen.

While first two calls to past-meetups and next-meetups execute well, the other two embedded in wpv-condition don´t. What could be the reason?
Since i use this inside a sidebar i figured out, that it works well within common widgets. Instead of widgets i tried to use "Elements" from GeneratePress-Pro Theme and embedded these wpv-vies and conditions. It didn´t work as described. So looks like a compatibility issue.

[wpv-view name="past-meetups"]
[wpv-view name="next-meetups"]
--------
[wpv-conditional if=" ( ( NOW() lt $(wpcf-meetup-date) ) ) " debug="true" ]
Nächste Meetups
[wpv-view name="next-meetups"]
[/wpv-conditional]

[wpv-conditional if=" ( ( NOW() gte $(wpcf-meetup-date) ) ) " debug="true" ]
Vergangene MeetUps
[wpv-view name="past-meetups"]
[/wpv-conditional]

Find out, that this could be a compatibility problem.

Okay I'll be glad to take a closer look. I may need to log in to wp-admin to see how you have implemented Elements from GeneratePress so I can try to reproduce the problem in a local site. Can you provide login credentials here and provide a URL where I can see the problem on the front-end of the site?

Hello, I apologize for the delay in response. I just tried to log in and take a closer look but I see a Fatal Error when I try to log in:

Warning: require_once(/home/www/zwift/wp-content/plugins/ob-zwift\vendor\autoload.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/www/zwift/wp-content/plugins/ob-zwift/ob-zwift.php on line 16

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/www/zwift/wp-content/plugins/ob-zwift\vendor\autoload.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in /home/www/zwift/wp-content/plugins/ob-zwift/ob-zwift.php on line 16

I'll try again in a few minutes to see if its just a temporary issue.

Okay I was able to log in today and see how your Elements and conditionals are set up. I'm going to try to run some similar tests in a local environment to see if the problem is easily reproducible. I'll give you an update shortly.

Okay I was able to run some tests locally and it seems that there is a compatibility issue with GP Premium's Elements feature and Toolset's conditional features. I see similar problems when using a conditional block or a conditional shortcode. In either case, content nested inside those conditionals is simply written to the page as shortcodes. If I use a conditional block and place other Toolset block content inside that conditional block, the results are the same - content is written out to the page as shortcodes. So it seems we have a compatibility issue here. Let me ask my 2nd tier support team to take a look at this, and I'll give you an update when I have some feedback to share.

thanks, i also tried a lot - without success.

Hi, just a quick update to let you know this issue has been escalated to our developers for resolution. I'll keep you posted here as I receive more information.

Hello, I think the issue you experienced is unrelated to the issue described in the erratum. That erratum is specifically about Block Editor styles applied to GP blocks in Content Templates. For example, if you wanted to add a custom text color or font-family for a GP Button block in your post's Content Template, the GP-generated CSS would not include those styles on the front-end post.

The issue you have experienced is quite different, it is related to Toolset shortcodes not being executed inside an Element.

if i use it as a after- or before-sidebar-hook in GP elements, it works. But not in the right way since i want to see it inside the sidebar. In this case the issue still remains.

Thanks, I will let you know when I have information about this issue from our developers.