Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Condiional Display for repeatable group applied to whole group.

This support ticket is created Il y a 6 années et 7 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Marqué : 

This topic contains 12 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Tim Elliott Il y a 6 années et 6 mois.

Assisted by: Shane.

Auteur
Publications

Where you have a repeatable group you can set the display conditions for each individual field within the repeatable group. I'd suggest that it would be sensible to allow those conditions to be set for the group as a whole rather than just for individual fields within the group.

Further to my last message, it looks like the conditions on a repeatable group don't work properly anyway. At least they don't in my case.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Tim,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Could you let me know how this conditional was implemented on the repeated fields.

Thanks,
Shane

repeating fields 2.jpg
repeating fields 1.jpg

I'm using The Events Calendar by Modern Tribe Inc. I've added a Field group called "Match Fields" to the events post type.

The first field is a checkbox Match (save 1 or 0 to database)
Then there are 3 standard fields (one is radio buttons, the others are numbers). All of these have conditions set so that they only appear when "Match = 1".
So far so good, this works OK.

I then have a repeating field group called "Scoring".
Within this group I have 4 fields, 3 x single line and 1 x radio buttons.

My first point was that there is no options to set a condition on the whole "Scoring" field group so it doesn't appear unless "Match = 1". I.e. in "repeating fields 1.jpg" you would be able to set it to not show "Scoring" at all.

The second point is that when I set that condition on the fields within the repeating field it doesn't work on the Edit Event page.
You see in "repeating fields 2.jpg" there is no input box under "Score Time". There should be because it's set to display when "Match=1"

I hope that's enough for you to see what I mean.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Tim,

Ok so this is essentially backend conditional.

Would you mind providing me with admin access so that I can take a further look at this.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Tim,

I checked on this and the conditionals seems to be working fine. Perhaps i'm not doing something correclty.

Could you walk me through the steps or try it again. Also you offset error was being caused by the beta plugin so I installed the latest stable release of types.

Thanks,
Shane

You seem to have entirely missed my point. I was giving feedback on the Beta functionality as requested in various release announcements. By switching back to the production version you've fixed the problem but at the price of not being able to test the Beta version.

I don't expect you to fully solve this problem right now, just say "I see what you mean" and pass it on to the Repeatable fields development group.

So with the Beta version back on can you see what I'm talking about?

My first point was that there is no options to set a condition on the whole "Scoring" field group so it doesn't appear unless "Match = 1". I.e. in "repeating fields 1.jpg" you would be able to set it to not show "Scoring" at all.

The second point is that when I set that condition on the fields within the repeating field it doesn't work on the Edit Event page.
You see in "repeating fields 2.jpg" there is no input box under "Score Time". There should be because it's set to display when "Match=1"

Shane
Supporter

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the clarity i was under the impression that it was a roadblock for you.

With know that I see what you are saying however with the beta on im being completely blocked by the offset issue.

Have you found a way to get pass this without changing the plugin ?

If so please let me know so I can do some testing on the issue.

Thanks,
Shane

I can still view the admin side of the website with the offset issue. I just get error messages at the top of the page.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Tim,

I saw that the production version of Types 2.5 is now available, could you download this and try and let me know if the issues still remain.

Thanks.
Shane

OK. Well I've switched back to production updates to get the new Views, but when I switch back to Beta the site is no longer downloading the Types Beta. Any ideas?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Tim,

Unfortunately I can't give any information on the Types Beta right now but this usually happens when a release is going to be made. The Beta is normally replaced with the full version when its ready.

Thanks,
Shane

This issue is not resolved, but since the Beta doesn't seem to be available any more I'll mark it as resolved and retest when a new beta comes out. Hopefully it has been fed back to the dev team and they understand the issue.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.