Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Cascading URLs

This support ticket is created Il y a 4 années. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Marqué : 

This topic contains 6 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Ed Il y a 4 années.

Assisted by: Shane.

Auteur
Publications

Ed

I'm trying to find out if there has been any progress with cascading URLs as described in the following post:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/cascading-urls-containing-state-and-city-names-texasdallas/

Example: .../texas/tom-green/san-angelo/76904 (State, County, City, Zip Code)

It's been almost 5 years.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Ed,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Actually this one I believe will be added by our development team. Your URL's are they related post types ?

Meaning as you go further into the URL the are related through a Post relationship ?

If so then this is something that would need to be added using custom code. As we are essentially building out the URL's based on WordPress's standard URL structure design.

Thanks,
Shane

Ed

Yes, the are CPTs in "cascading" relationships.

Zip Code belongs to City, County, and State

City belongs to County and State

County belongs to State.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Ed,

Thank you for the clarity.

As suspected you will need to use custom code to achieve this. Achieving this falls outside of the scope of our support forum and what our plugins can do natively.

Essentially what you will need to do is to construct the URL by writing some custom code to pick up the relationship data. So when a new page is being loaded it checks if the post is in a relationship and then prepends the URL with the relationship information.

Thanks,
Shane

Ed

So this is not going to be added as a feature? At all?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Ed,

I can say that this won't be added in the immediate future . I wouldn't rule it out for the distant future but for now its not on the road map.

Thanks,
Shane

Ed

Please consider adding this, as soon as possible. It just makes sense. I know I'm not the only one who needs this.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.