Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Can’t assign Custom Fields to ANY Post Types even after removing repeating group

Ce fil est résolu. Voici une description du problème et la solution proposée.

Problem:

I couldn't assing repeating field groups to multiple post types

Solution:

Toolset Repeatable Group is based on one-to-many relationship, each relationship should have it's own unique relationship slug, so you can not assign the same "Repeatable Group" to multiple custom post types, you need to setup different "Repeatable Group" for each post type.

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created Il y a 2 années et 3 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Aucun de nos assistants n'est disponible aujourd'hui sur le forum Jeu d'outils. Veuillez créer un ticket, et nous nous le traiterons dès notre prochaine connexion. Merci de votre compréhension.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Ce sujet contient 2 réponses, a 2 voix.

Dernière mise à jour par peterv-5 Il y a 2 années et 3 mois.

Assisté par: Luo Yang.

Auteur
Publications

I am trying to:
Assign a Custom Field Group to a Custom Post Type.

It was sad to realize I couldn't assing repeating field groups to multiple post types (after creating SO many posts and entering so much data... but there you have it.)

So, sadly, I removed the repeating group. I still couldn't assign Custom Field set to ANY post type.
So, painfully, I removed all the posts - ALL POSTS.

I still cannot assign Custom Field set to anything.

So, how do I either get it working OR how do I "cleanse" toolset of all it's interal inconsistancies and just start over (without reinstalling WordPress and having to re-do the recreate all Elementor templates, etc. etc.)

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
Nowhere - this is only observable in the backend.

I also clicked on everything in the " Toolset Debug Information and Troubleshooting" page (i.e. clicking "Clear the toolset_post_guid_id table" button and all others on that page.

Hello,

I assume we are talking about custom post field group with "Repeatable Group":
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/creating-and-displaying-repeatable-field-groups/

You should be able to see below message when you edit the custom field group option "Appear on":
The Post Type of this Field Group cannot be changed as long as a Repeatable Group or a Post Reference field is used.

Toolset Repeatable Group is based on one-to-many relationship, each relationship should have it's own unique relationship slug, so you can not assign the same "Repeatable Group" to multiple custom post types, you need to setup different "Repeatable Group" for each post type.

I just deleted my posts and started over. It was a pain, but it solved it.
Thanks for your reply.

Ce ticket est maintenant fermé. Si vous êtes un client de Toolset et que vous avez besoin d'aide, veuillez ouvrir un nouveau ticket d'assistance