Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Cannot insert toolset-edit-post-link in view

This support ticket is created Il y a 2 années et 5 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 8 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by kelvinL-2 Il y a 2 années et 5 mois.

Assisted by: Shane.

Auteur
Publications
Screenshot 2021-11-08 at 8.09.07 AM.png
Screenshot 2021-11-08 at 8.08.22 AM.png

Dear Sir/Madam,

I can add cred-delete-post but not toolset-edit-post-link in view.

I can insert the toolset-edit-post-link in view before but don't know what I did and it can't now. I don't have the Toolset Access installed to control the access right, what other reason I can't insert the toolset-edit-post-link in view?

hidden link (a view including the toolset-edit-post-link)

<wpv-loop>
          <tr>
            <td>[wpv-post-title]</td>
            <td>[types field='invoice-date' style='text' format='d/m/y'][/types]</td>
            <td>[types field='appointment-number' format='FIELD_VALUE'][/types]</td>
            <td>[types field='medical-fee' format='FIELD_VALUE'][/types]</td>
            <td>[cred-delete-post action='trash' onsuccess='self']<i class="fas fa-trash-alt"></i>[/cred-delete-post][toolset-edit-post-link content_template_slug='template-for-invoice-edit' target='self']<i class="fas fa-edit"></i>[/toolset-edit-post-link]</td>
          </tr>
		</wpv-loop>

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Screenshot 2021-11-08 at 1.29.04 PM.png

Hi Kelvin,

Based on your code snippet, you're using the classic view editor.

To insert the Toolset Forms edit link you will need to click on the Toolset Forms button on the editor.

From there you will need to click the Edit Post Link button. This will bring up the screen in my screenshot.

Select the content template that has the edit form for your post and it should allow you to insert the edit post link.

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Dear Shane,

Yes, I know how to insert the Edit link but just the Edit link doesn't show up in the front end. From my code snippet, you should able to find the code

[toolset-edit-post-link content_template_slug='template-for-invoice-edit' target='self']Edit <i class="fas fa-edit"></i>[/toolset-edit-post-link]

The Font Awesome icon has no problem. From my understanding, I have to grant access to the form if I installed the Access, but I don't have the Access installed. Any other reason?

Best regards,

Kelvin

Dear Shane,

I temporary add

<a href="/invoice/[wpv-post-id]/?content-template-id=125"><i class="fas fa-edit"></i></a>

to make the edit button show up. Please kindly help to find why I can use the shortcode.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Kelvin,

Would you mind allowing me to have admin access to the website so that I can have a more detailed look at this for you ?

Please where applicable please provide me with a link to an example page where I can see the issue.

I've enabled the private fields for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Kelvin,

The issue actually being caused by the Add New Purchase order form.

I believe that this is being caused by Toolset not reading the template as an edit template when there is a form in the content template to create a new post hence the link isn't appearing.

As soon as the Purchase order form is removed the link starts showing up again. What I recommend is that if you want to keep the edit link to construct it manually. However if you want it to be dynamically generated then you would need to remove the Purchase order form

Thanks,
Shane

Dear Shane,

Did you read the wrong page? invoice-management has no Add New Purchase order form.

Here is the invoice-management page hidden link

Shane
Supporter

Hi Kelvin,

What i'm referring to is the content template that holds the Edit form for the invoices.
hidden link

If you check the content template above you will notice that there is an Add New Purchase order form. Once this is removed the link will appear as intended on the frontend.

Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.