Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Auto Draft posts being created and published on sites with Toolset + WooCommerce

This support ticket is created Il y a 11 mois et 4 semaines. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 4 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Simon Il y a 11 mois et 3 semaines.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Auteur
Publications

Today I discovered that on every site where we use WooCommerce + Toolset (Types, Views or Blocks, and WooCommerce Views or WooCommerce Blocks) there was a bug where new Posts were being created _and published_ with the title Auto Draft. None of the sites in question have CRED / Toolset Forms installed.

The issue occurs every time the user goes to the main Dashboard screen. The post is assigned to the admin user who visits the Dashboard. The solution appears to be to disable via a function the 'Quick Draft' module on the Dashboard screen, using this snippet:

/*
	Disable Some Default Dashboard Widgets
	@ <em><u>hidden link</u></em>
*/

function disable_default_dashboard_widgets() {
	global $wp_meta_boxes;
	unset($wp_meta_boxes['dashboard']['side']['core']['dashboard_quick_press']);

}
add_action('wp_dashboard_setup', 'disable_default_dashboard_widgets', 999);

Around 45 of our websites were affected. They all had up to date plugins, including Toolset and Woo, and the latest WP core. I have included debug information for one of the affected sites.

I can't be sure that it's a Toolset-specific issue, but on the handful of websites we host which have WooCommerce but NOT Toolset, I was unable to observe the problem happening. I am flagging this here as something you may wish to investigate, although I recognise it's possibly a core WP bug or WooCommerce bug, or some obscure interaction between all these elements.

Hello,

Thanks for sharing the workaround, as you mentioned above:

but on the handful of websites we host which have WooCommerce but NOT Toolset ... it's possibly a core WP bug or WooCommerce bug

It seems not a Toolset issue, I have searched it in Google, and found other same issues as you mentioned above, for example:
hidden link

Which is not related with Toolset too, might be a WP core bug.

I found that post too (although it's six years old and it's not the same issue, exactly, as she describes drafts that can't be deleted - my issue is posts that can be deleted but are actually published and appearing on the front-end of the site!)

As I say, it's not affecting my non-Toolset sites, hence the ticket, but if you can't reproduce it then fair enough

can you upgrade the Woocommerce plugin of your website to the latest version and test again?
See their development logs:
https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce/#developers
Fix – Removing auto-draft as wc post type to resolve publish time bug

And I have tried it in a fresh WP installation, it works fine, see below sandbox website:
Login URL: hidden link

Good to know it was a Woo issue - although I only saw the problem 'in the wild' on sites which also had Toolset. Thanks for your help.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.