Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Anchor text with link.

This support ticket is created Il y a 1 an et 10 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 3 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by OliverJ8211 Il y a 1 an et 10 mois.

Assisted by: Shane.

Auteur
Publications

So I have 2 toolset fields. 1 asks for vendor name and one asks for vendor URL.

I want to be able to display the vendor name as the anchor text for the link using blocks.

I've tried using the fields block with this the vendor shortcode inside the link shortcode title, but it does not render correctly.

[types field='purchase-link' title='[types field='vendors' separator=', '][/types]'][/types]

I would usually uses the legacy toolset views for this, but I'm not sure how much longer it will be supported so I'm using blocks.

Thank You and let me know if you need more info.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

HI Oliver,

Thank you for getting in touch.

The legacy views will continue to be supported and isn't going anywhere. It is actually a part of our Blocks plugin as well. The only difference is that Blocks comes with the editor for gutenburg enabled by default and views has the classic editor enabled by default.

So you can still use the classic editor should you so choose to.

Also can you try your shortcode like this.

[types field='purchase-link' title="[types field='vendors' separator=', '][/types]"][/types]

Notice the use of the double qoutes.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane! Thank You for helping me again!

When I use your shortcode I get:

VendorName"][/types]

as the output and it is not linked. I will just use views since I'm more comfortable with that anyway.

Do I have to install the views plugin to use the views editing method or can I switch a view created with blocks to view editable?

I guess I'll have to convert it to a classic editor somehow since I can't have blocks and views activated at the same time.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

I found where to enable switching from blocks to classic editor.

Thank You as always Shane! Have a great day.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.