Skip Navigation

[Résolu] After we upgraded to WordPress 5.5, all CRED form notifications stopped working

This support ticket is created Il y a 3 années et 8 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 7 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Minesh Il y a 3 années et 8 mois.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Auteur
Publications

Amr
Screen Shot 2020-08-19 at 4.50.19 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-19 at 4.50.09 PM.png

After we upgraded to WordPress 5.5, all CRED form notifications stopped working.

When we perform a test email, we get the following error:
AJAX Request failed!
Response Code: 500
Response Message: There has been a critical error on your website.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Do you still see the issue - can you please try to check once again.

As I do not able to reproduce the issue with my test site.

This is the form setup with email notification and when I use the "Send Test Email" button - it works as expected and I get the test email in my inbox:
=> hidden link

You can access my test site using:
=> hidden link
user: demo
pwd: Admin@999

Amr

Hello Minesh,

Thank you for attending to this issue. I did check the test site that you have created and indeed the notification does work. However, we are using this plugin "WPMail SMTP" to send emails: hidden link.

This is a widely used email sending plug-in (1+ million installations) that replaces the native email sending capabilities of WordPress. Before the upgrade to 5.5, everything worked as expected. After upgrading to 5.5, CRED forms have difficulty interacting with WPMail SMTP. Other email functionalities work fine such as at signup and when people change passwords etc.... These operations do not involve CRED forms and WPMail SMTP does the job. It is only the notifications that are triggered by CRED forms that cause the issue.

I took the liberty of installing "WPMail SMTP" (Latest version 2.3.1) on your test site and sure enough the problem it there.

Minesh
Supporter

It seems this is due to WordPress it self has PHPMailer.

When I checked the error logs I found the following fatal error:

[21-Aug-2020 12:35:31 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Cannot declare class PHPMailer\PHPMailer\SMTP, because the name is already in use in /home/minesh/public_html/test1/wordpress/wp-includes/PHPMailer/SMTP.php on line 30

As you can see the Fatal error, there is a chance that the plugin you are using is declaring a class PHPMailer\PHPMailer\SMTP - Can you please recheck with your plugin author and check with them first.

Amr

Hello Minesh,

Thank you for your reply. I did check with the makers of "WPMail SMTP" plug-in and they assured me that it is fully compatible with WordPress version 5.5. Since they do have 1 million downloads, if the plugin had any issue, it would have been known by now.

I guess it is is an issue with the interaction between "CRED Forms" and "WPMail SMTP" in WordPress 5.5. I am wondering how many people like me use "WordPress 5.5", "CRED Forms" and "WPMail SMTP" at the same time.

Amr

Minesh
Supporter

I understand what you are saying but when I deactivate the plugin "WP Mail SMTP" as you can see with my test site for which I shared the access details, the email just works fine.

Would you mind to check with "WP Mail SMTP" and ask them to check your site where you installed the Toolset plugins and check with them if the issue is from Toolset or with "WP Mail SMTP". If they share the information that issue is from Toolset we are happy to fix that.

Amr

Hi Minesh,

I did contact the plugin developer for "WP Mail SMTP" and they need access to troubleshoot and determine what is the problem.

Can I give them access to the test site that you have created so they can see the problem first hand?

I enabled the "WP Mail SMTP" plugin again so they can experience the problem.

Amr

Minesh
Supporter

Ok sure. Please let me know what they found.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.