Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Add styles control to map

This support ticket is created Il y a 8 années et 1 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 10:00 8:00 – 14:00 8:00 – 14:00 8:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 11:00 – 18:00 15:00 – 18:00 15:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Pacific/Pago_Pago (GMT-11:00)

This topic contains 3 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Mladen Andrejic Il y a 8 années et 1 mois.

Assisted by: Mladen Andrejic.

Auteur
Publications

Hi guys,

any update on this?
I'm trying to achieve this by myself as @nicholasm did.

Of course all this will be useless if not implemented by the toolset team but I'd like to show you some tips that hopefully will help us getting this thing working.

Actually I've edited wpv_addon_maps.js in toolset-maps > resources > js folder
at line 141 where the zoom is set I've added a comma at the end of the line the added a new line and the following code:

styles: [{"featureType":"administrative","elementType":"labels.text.fill","stylers":[{"color":"#444444"}]},{"featureType":"landscape","elementType":"all","stylers":[{"color":"#f2f2f2"}]},{"featureType":"landscape","elementType":"geometry.fill","stylers":[{"visibility":"on"},{"hue":"#ff0000"}]},{"featureType":"landscape.man_made","elementType":"geometry","stylers":[{"lightness":"100"}]},{"featureType":"landscape.man_made","elementType":"labels","stylers":[{"visibility":"off"}]},{"featureType":"landscape.natural","elementType":"geometry.fill","stylers":[{"lightness":"100"}]},{"featureType":"landscape.natural","elementType":"labels","stylers":[{"visibility":"off"}]},{"featureType":"landscape.natural.landcover","elementType":"geometry.fill","stylers":[{"visibility":"on"}]},{"featureType":"landscape.natural.terrain","elementType":"geometry","stylers":[{"lightness":"100"}]},{"featureType":"landscape.natural.terrain","elementType":"geometry.fill","stylers":[{"visibility":"off"},{"lightness":"23"}]},{"featureType":"poi","elementType":"all","stylers":[{"visibility":"off"}]},{"featureType":"road","elementType":"all","stylers":[{"saturation":-100},{"lightness":45}]},{"featureType":"road.highway","elementType":"all","stylers":[{"visibility":"simplified"}]},{"featureType":"road.highway","elementType":"geometry.fill","stylers":[{"color":"#ffd900"}]},{"featureType":"road.arterial","elementType":"labels.icon","stylers":[{"visibility":"off"}]},{"featureType":"transit","elementType":"all","stylers":[{"visibility":"off"}]},{"featureType":"water","elementType":"all","stylers":[{"color":"#ffd900"},{"visibility":"on"}]},{"featureType":"water","elementType":"geometry.fill","stylers":[{"visibility":"on"},{"color":"#cccccc"}]},{"featureType":"water","elementType":"labels","stylers":[{"visibility":"off"}]}]

Once saved all my maps get custom coloured!
It's just awesome.

I think this can be achieved by simply adding a custom field to the maps setting where users should add their own styles.

Hope you toolset guys can help doing this.

Thanks
Best regards
Carlo

PS: code was taken here hidden link ... also their demo html was really helpful to point in the right direction to make the whole thing work!

Hello,

Thanks for contacting Toolset support.

Nice, that you found a way to style your maps. Please be aware that the changes you made will be lost when you update the plugin.

Also, there is no schedule for this feature and when exactly our developers will add a new feature or not is not up-to us Supporters to determine.

Each issue reported in, whether a bug or a new feature request, is taken seriously into consideration.

It is given a high or low priority based on a number of factors.
Factors which those with the overview of all things related are in the best position to determine.

I apologize any inconvenience this may cause, and will now close this Ticket as it will require several weeks or months to develop this.

Thank you.

Hi @mladen-a,

thanks for your reply.
I know I'm going to lose my customization upon the next update.
This is the exact reason why I'm asking you to consider the opportunity to add this feature to the plugin itself.
In fact I'm not the only one asking for this kind of customization.

By the way I'd like to share with the community a possible way to temporarily achieve this kind of customization if needed while the dev team is working on a permanent solution.

I know you guys are working really hard to satisfy every request and keep the whole set of plugin working smoothly.
I really want to thank you.

Best regards
Carlo

Hello Carlo,

Thanks for the suggestion, I am sure that it will help our clients. I already forwarded this to our developers.

Thank you for using Toolset plugins 🙂

What and when will be done, I can't really tell you right now, but we will do our best to implement this feature soon.

Thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.