Skip Navigation

[Résolu] 48 Render blocking scripts.

This support ticket is created Il y a 4 années et 11 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Marqué : 

This topic contains 56 réponses, has 3 voix.

Last updated by Akhil Il y a 4 années et 9 mois.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Auteur
Publications

for some reason, i cant access page4 of this thread .

my friend i am waiting for 4 hours for the followup.

due to this issue, i am testing another plugin "plugin organizer" just to let you know .

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Dee,

Thank you for waiting and I was able to access the admin area.

I couldn't find anything in the Toolset settings on your website, which could break the layout/design when the Toolset Types plugin is disabled.

I also performed some tests on my own website with a default WordPress theme, Toolset Types and "Plugin Load Filter" Plugin, but as expected couldn't reproduce any issue with the layout/design.

I'm sure you'll understand the complication involved in this troubleshooting since due to the complex nature of your website, it is not possible to replicate the entire environment without a clone/snapshot.
( as requested earlier: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/48-render-blocking-scripts/page/3/#post-1281497 )

My recommendation would be to check your custom code blocks, to see if they're calling any Toolset Types functions/shortcodes on a page like a homepage, where you plan to selectively disable/enable it through a third-party plugin.

I'd also take the liberty to share a personal comment, that Toolset consists of many components/plugins which are designed to work with each other as a whole. Manually and selectively removing these resources and components can bring in a lot of unexpected results, moving forward with the future updates, which means you'll need to make a huge time investment, not only at the time of development but throughout the lifetime of this project.

Our development team will continue on releasing newer plugin versions, which would naturally assume that a specific component/resource exists and is loaded, out-of-the-box, but that won't be the case on your website and this will result in conflicts and compatibility issues and the support that we'll able to provide around those will be limited due to all the customizations.

I hope this makes sense.

regards,
Waqar

Hi Waqar,

thank you for your reply.

1. do you still need the snapshot even after admin access?

2. yes good point. ill check my custom codes too, mine is nothing more then what the support provided here.

3. regarding the customization: there is nothing big done to the site, all i am trying is to load the website fast with a logic environment. If toolset is a perfect plugin that doesn't load all its resources in ALL pages, i won't be working on this. so please update this to your developers. I've spent many hours on these plugins, i don't think i can afford to drop and start with other solutions. i hope you understand this too.

4. after all this discussion and many topics on the performance, is there anything done till now on this subject?

it's getting a nightmare like elementor,
keep adding features every release without even fixing the performance issue , thats not good for long term.

Hi, i am not sure which template you tested with, could you test with generate press ? thanks,

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Dee,

Thanks for writing back.

> 1. do you still need the snapshot even after admin access?

- The more I review this matter, it is becoming clearer that this issue is growing way out of the scope of support that we can provide.

Let me recap the issue: "When Toolset Types plugin is disabled selectively, through a third-party plugin, the layout/design (specifically the header menu which is also part of a third-party theme or plugin and not from Toolset) breaks".

Our official stance and recommendation on this would be, not to disable the core Toolset Types plugin, selectively, since it is not designed and intended to work like this. Until something built-in is introduced for selective loading of our plugins and components, any measures to improve performance would fall under customization, which can not be covered under the support ( ref: https://toolset.com/toolset-support-policy/ ).

> 3. regarding the customization: there is nothing big done to the site, all i am trying is to
> load the website fast with a logic environment. If toolset is a perfect plugin that doesn't
> load all its resources in ALL pages, i won't be working on this. so please update this to
> your developers. I've spent many hours on these plugins, i don't think i can afford to
> drop and start with other solutions. i hope you understand this too.

> 4. after all this discussion and many topics on the performance, is there anything
> done till now on this subject?

- We are constantly working to improve the performance of our plugins, especially when it comes to loading resources like CSS and script files. This is challenging since a balance needs to be maintained between performance and ease-of-use.

Toolset plugins are designed for a wide range of users with different needs and technical backgrounds. Many of those would expect to have the ability to place the Toolset components like views, content templates, forms, maps, etc on any page of their choice.

Manual control over loading Toolset components on selective pages can make things complicated for those users and automatic detection would inversely affect the performance, instead of improving it. This is the reason that the development team is carefully planning the best way forward for this, that works for most users, out-of-the-box.

Hope this makes clear why restructuring and overhauling of this scale, is so challenging, sensitive and time-consuming.

I also couldn't help but notice that this thread started with the need to improve how multiple script files are loaded on the website. Instead of removing them altogether, have you instead considered using a cache and code optimization plugin which can minify them and either load them as a single file or as an inline code?

In my opinion, that is a better strategy since:

- you won't have to worry about future updates which may depend on those removed files, which means less maintenance time in the long run.

- minified and consolidated CSS and JS files or even loading them inline, will give your website's performance a significant boost and you can even control whether you'd like to load them in the header or the footer of the website.
( you'll need to find the right balance of the settings that works for different components of your website, but that effort will still be far less than management of loading or unloading of built-in files, manually )

- you won't have to add and manage the custom PHP code with conditions to enqueue or enqueue scripts on the selective pages. It's important to note that processing of those conditional code blocks also consumes the server's processing and loading time.

Here are a few articles which review the popular cache and code optimization plugins:

hidden link
hidden link

regards,
Waqar

Hi,

> not to disable the core Toolset Types plugin, selectively, since it is not designed and intended to work like this.
>>I am still don't understand why the Toolset Types is conflicting at the main level. I never come to any plugin so far that conflicting at the main level. I have not receive proper answer for this too .

>Toolset plugins are designed for a wide range of users with different needs and technical backgrounds. Many of those would expect to have the ability to place the Toolset components like views, content templates, forms, maps, etc on any page of their choice.
>> I did not contest this. but many users agree these components SHOULD NOT load where toolset is not being used. Just search the topic you can find 100s on this topic. i also notice from the stackflow many leaving toolsets silently back to ACF, something on 180mb resource loading on share hosting etc.

> Manual control over loading Toolset components on selective pages can make things complicated for those users and automatic detection would inversely affect the performance, instead of improving it. This is the reason that the development team is carefully planning the best way forward for this, that works for most users, out-of-the-box.
>> This is rubbish , i feel that you guys are just trying to give reason to move away from this topic and to concentrate on on adds features, recently calendar view.

I personally manage to improve the performance on my site, queries from 180 to 90 just by disabling the toolset plugins on the page that not needed. the website load from 12sec to 5sec. Yslow grade from D to A, are you contesting this ?.
so tell me now how does this affect the performance?

>I also couldn't help but notice that this thread started with the need to improve how multiple script files are loaded on the website. Instead of removing them altogether, have you instead considered using a cache and code optimization plugin which can minify them and either load them as a single file or as an inline code?
>> you should read the whole post asking such question, i have posted everything above. and Nigel agrees with me too.

My final approach before I gave up this high resources loading plugin is a combination of Plugin Load filter + Cache Plugin.

The reason why we went into dequeue script and styles is due to the fact that even after disabling the plugin on a certain page, the resources still load. hope you are clear with this too.

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Dee,

It is unfortunate that you didn't find my last reply and suggestions useful or convincing enough.

I feel that since Nigel has been following up on this thread from the beginning and he is more experienced than me on the topic of optimizations, it would be best to let him resume on this one, when he is back.

Let me know if you agree and I'll assign this ticket back to him. He's expected to be back on Monday and I'm sure he'll be able to share his expertise on this matter, more effectively.

I apologize that I couldn't prove more useful in this case.

regards,
Waqar

Hi. Yes please. ill be away till Monday . just nice.

i would like to share my view here :

If you see how Nigel work., we work to find a solution together, he never drops the ticket just because of its performance issue, out of scope etc, but he too want to know how to fix these setbacks, this maybe beyond his scope but i very much appreciate that and he will (I guess) prepare the documentations or article for the benefit of all toolset users .

Youre are great in your area, as you mention this might not be your expertise, thus its fair to leave it to him.

No hard feelings but Have a great weekend.

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for understanding Dee and appreciate the feedback.

I'll be assigning this ticket back to Nigel and you're welcome to start a new ticket or chat, for a different question or concern.

Have a great weekend!

regards,
Waqar

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Espagnol (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Dee

I read through the comments with Waqar while I was away, and to be honest I don't have a great deal to add.

In general we cannot support using other plugins to selectively de-activate some combination of Toolset plugins in certain circumstances, it simply isn't envisaged to be used in that way, and I'm sure if I asked the developers for help setting this up they would decline.

Now, that said, I can understand that you might want to get it to work in very limited circumstances, e.g. you have one or two landing pages heavily optimised for SEO which are performance-critical and where the same content is displayed to any visitor alighting on that page, regardless of whether they are guests or logged-in etc.

You should be able to design those pages with Toolset plugins de-activated, and see the exact same when Toolset plugins are activated. In that case you can test whether one of these plugins which lets you control what pages other plugins are activated on works when you selectively disable Toolset plugins on just those pages. The results should be the same as when you visit the pages with the Toolset plugins manually deactivated. If not, then the issue seems to lie with these "magic" plugins rather than with the Toolset plugins being de-activated.

Because of the interdependencies between Toolset plugins I think you mostly have to consider them collectively, activating or de-activating them as a unit in the limited circumstances such as those I describe above. I can think of few exceptions, such as the Maps plugin, which if you only use it to add a map to the contact page, for example, you could conceivably de-activate on all other pages.

We are gearing up for some fairly major plugin updates soon, after which we should have some breathing space to consider what is worked on next. I will push strongly for us to work on performance, and the specific question of managing what assets get loaded where, as we can certainly do better and it is an important issue for many clients. I can't make any promises, but I will push for it to be treated as a priority.

Hi Nigel.

Thank you for your reply.

just to highlight your points.

1. optimization is needed in every single page, CPT, arch, etc, even for toolset pages . not selectively for landing pages only.

2. new developments at my end with a great result: asset loader pro + plugin load filter + cache

thank you for your pushing, cant wait to see that happen.

I think we can close this ticket now. ill open new one if needed your help. cheers

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.