Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Page with many repeating field groups takes extremely long to load

This support ticket is created vor 4 Jahre, 1 Monat. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Heute stehen keine Supporter zur Arbeit im Werkzeugsatz-Forum zur Verfügung. Sie können gern Tickets erstellen, die wir bearbeiten werden, sobald wir online sind. Vielen Dank für Ihr Verständnis.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Dieses Thema enthält 3 Antworten, hat 2 Stimmen.

Zuletzt aktualisiert von Waqar vor 4 Jahre.

Assistiert von: Waqar.

Author
Artikel

Hi there, the following page has a RFG with many fields and my client is needing to wait sometime close to a minute for the page to load or update on the backend: versteckter Link

Is there a way I should edit the Repeating Field Group to reduce the loading times of the page?

Thanks in advance,
- Luigi

Waqar
Supporter

Sprachen: Englisch (English )

Zeitzone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Luigi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

Improving the loading times in the admin area is complicated, as WordPress, active theme and active plugins are all loading necessary processes and resources.

In case, a large number of repeating field group entries with multiple enclosed custom fields are involved on a post edit screen, one way to make it more efficient is to restructure this data, to make use of post-relationship instead of repeating field group:
https://toolset.com/documentation/post-relationships/

For example, if you have a post type "Events" with a repeating field group "Event Entries", you can drop this repeating field group and instead register a new custom post type "Event Entries".

These two post types can be then linked through a one-to-many relationship, where a single "Event" post can be attached to multiple "Event Entry" posts.

Any custom fields that you had inside the repeating field groups will be saved with the new custom post type "Event Entries" and the admin will be able to edit those custom field values from the respective "Event Entry" post's edit screen and not from the "Event" post's edit screen.

In terms of the database structure, the data storage method is pretty much the same whether you use a repeating field group or a post-relationship. However, the admin area management interface that is loaded for a post-relationship on the post edit screen is lighter than the one for the repeating field group, which can be just the boost that you're looking for.

Note: this restructuring would mean that you'll have to add all the data in "Event Entries" posts and their respective custom field values, so it will only be feasible if you're still in the early phase of your project.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

Thank you Waqar!

So there is no way to convert existing Field Group data to new Event Entries posts?

The data is in relation to the ongoing Covid-19 Pandemic so we cannot lose the current data, and there is too much to manually move over (feasibly). But if it's not possible to move the data over, perhaps we can wait until the current Hazard (Covid) has been dealt with and we can create this Post Relationship setup for future events.

Thanks again for your help.

Waqar
Supporter

Sprachen: Englisch (English )

Zeitzone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

You're very welcome Luigi.

> So there is no way to convert existing Field Group data to new Event Entries posts?

- Yes, I'm afraid there is no built-in automated option for this transfer.

But applying this Post Relationship setup for future events data should definitely prove useful.

Dieses Ticket ist jetzt geschlossen. Wenn Sie ein Toolset Kunde sind und Hilfe benötigen, eröffnen Sie bitte ein neues Support-Ticket.