Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Order not working for Custom Post

Dieser Thread wurde gelöst. Hier ist eine Beschreibung des Problems und der Lösung.

Problem:
How to change order of custom post type archive.

Solution:
When you are using WordPress standard archive, to change the archive post order, you need to use WordPress standard "pre_get_posts" action hook.

You can find proposed solution with the following reply:
=> https://toolset.com/forums/topic/order-not-working-for-custom-post/#post-579789

Relevant Documentation:
https://codex.wordpress.org/Plugin_API/Action_Reference/pre_get_posts

This support ticket is created vor 6 Jahre, 6 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Author
Artikel

I am trying to: I created a custom post type called Instructors (to list our Instructors) - I would like to see the Instructors on a page in Order by the Title field - which is actually their name.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link
I have also just cloned the site here... to use for testing purposes. hidden link

I expected to see: the list in order by the title field. I am using the theme options for the display of this page but the Instructors only seem to appear in the order that I entered them in (with the last one showing up first and the first one I entered showing up last. I have changed the theme options to order by title, then tried by date, then tried by menu order(changing the menu on a few of them) = no changes in the order

Instead, I got:

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - as you are using WordPress standard archive to change the archive post order, you need to use "pre_get_posts" action.

I've added following code to your current theme's functions.php file:

add_action( 'pre_get_posts', 'my_change_sort_order'); 
function my_change_sort_order($query){
        if(is_post_type_archive('instructor')){
         //If you wanted it for the archive of a custom post type use: is_post_type_archive( $post_type )
           //Set the order ASC or DESC
           $query->set( 'order', 'ASC' );
           //Set the orderby
           $query->set( 'orderby', 'title' );
		} 
}

Now, I can see the posts are order ASC and order by title.

Thank you that works perfectly!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.