Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Trouble setting Reply-To on CRED emails

This support ticket is created Il y a 2 années et 8 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 21 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Steve Palm Il y a 2 années et 8 mois.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Auteur
Publications

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

You are welcome to close the ticket 🙂 Glad to help.

I can not see your recent replies, or mine on this ticket. :(. {Now they show up LoL)

I understand the priority change was implemented, but the question is WHY? What other code was interfering to cause a priority of 10 to not even be called? It isn't as though the data it put in place was overridden, it was not being called at all. Knowing the root cause will possibly prevent more problems in the future. Can you explain?

Also, you might want to update the documentation is this is a problem.

https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/cred-api/#cred_mail_header

Minesh
Supporter

I understand the priority change was implemented, but the question is WHY? What other code was interfering to cause a priority of 10 to not even be called? It isn't as though the data it put in place was overridden, it was not being called at all. Knowing the root cause will possibly prevent more problems in the future. Can you explain?
==>
The priority needs to use here is 8 because we need to configure the headers before we send the email that is why the hook "cred_mail_header" should be called before the email sent that is why we need to use the lower priority.

I think you are right - we need to change the priority with our Documentation as well and I'll inform our Doc team regarding the same. Thank you for pointing out that.

Minesh
Supporter

Thanks for being complete, and for all your help.

I guess I still don't fully understand the WordPress priority for hooks/filters, I thought they just defined the priority of items called for a certain filter, so for the 'cred_mail_header' filter, things lower than 10 would get called after us, and by making 8 we would get called before them, but I didn't think that it would prevent you from being called at all.

I will have more to read and learn, as always. 🙂

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.