Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Displaying wordpress archives

This support ticket is created Il y a 5 années. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Aucun de nos assistants n'est disponible aujourd'hui sur le forum Jeu d'outils. Veuillez créer un ticket, et nous nous le traiterons dès notre prochaine connexion. Merci de votre compréhension.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Marqué : ,

Ce sujet contient 8 réponses, a 2 voix.

Dernière mise à jour par indianplayschools Il y a 5 années.

Assisté par: Luo Yang.

Auteur
Publications

On my website indianplayschools.com which lists preschools, I have taxonomy called Chain of preschools where I list all the preschools belonging to a franchise.
Under Toolset, I selected wordpress archives and selected Name of chain of preschools. I am able to list the preschools.
lien caché
1) Why is the sidebar scrollingbelow the content?
2) How can I truncate the post body and restrict it to three lines or particular number of words so that the user clicks on the link for more info?
3) How can I delete Old entries and show pagination?
Thank you for your support

ads-widget.JPG

Hello,

Thanks for the details.

1) Why is the sidebar scrollingbelow the content?

There is a widget in sidebar, which displays empty, it seems to be a google ADs widget, see screenshot: ads-wideget.JPG

You can try to remove it from sidebar and test again.

2) How can I truncate the post body and restrict it to three lines or particular number of words so that the user clicks on the link for more info?

You can try shortcode [wpv-post-excerpt], for example:
[wpv-post-excerpt length="30" count="word" more=" - ..."]
see our document:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views-shortcodes/#wpv-post-excerpt

3) How can I delete Old entries and show pagination?
Please elaborate the questions with more details:
How and where do you want to delete the old entries?
How do you setup the old entries?

You can follow our document to display pagination links:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views-pagination/

Capture.JPG

Thank you for your help. I could clearly understand.
Here's the link to archives page
lien caché
When I insert wp-excerpt code, some of the listings do not show the content at all. Please check the image.
I want to get rid of Older entries title that shows up below the listings which help in navigation. Please check the image again.
Is there any documentation which shows the css stying of one column listings?
Thank You

Q1) When I insert wp-excerpt code, some of the listings do not show the content at all.
Please edit those problem items(posts), make sure there are some text in post body(content), for example, you can input some text in post body and test again.

Q2) I want to get rid of Older entries title that shows up below the listings which help in navigation.
If I am right:-
- the URL you mentioned above is archive page of taxonomy "name-of-chain-preschool"
- you are using Views WordPress Archive(ID: 222734) to design above archive page
You need to locate where the "Older entries" come from, it might be in your theme file "archive.php".

If it is, you can try these:
1) Copy and save theme file archive.php as taxonomy-name-of-chain-preschool.php,
2) Edit taxonomy-name-of-chain-preschool.php, find and remove those pagination codes
More help:
https://developer.wordpress.org/themes/template-files-section/taxonomy-templates/

For the new question: Is there any documentation which shows the css stying of one column listings?
I suggest you follow our document to choose a layout mode:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/view-layouts-101/

For example: Unordered list
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/view-layouts-101/#unordered

It will be able to output the result as a list(one column), if you need more assistance for it, you can create a new ticket for the new question. Thanks

Thank you for your reply.
I will check the documentation for others and revert back.
The first question about wp-excerpt has to be resolved as they do contain the post body. But, the page does not show them. In fact, sometime back all were visible. Please help.

This is abnormal, I assume we are talking about the item "ABC Montessori Agra Sikandara" in the URL you mentioned above:

please try these:
1) Edit the problem post:
lien caché
in section "Excerpt", make sure the input box is empty, no blank space, if there is blank space, remove it, and test again

2) In case it is a compatibility problem, please deactivate all other plugins, and switch to wordpress default theme 2019, and test again

3) If the problem still persists, please provide database dump file(ZIP file) of your website, I need to test and debug it in my localhost, thanks
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

There must surely be a problem with site. Just now instead of wp-excerpt, I put post body in content block. Now the result does not show any post body.
lien caché
By this can you guess what the problem might. If not, I will send you the dump in my next reply.
This website has lot of content. can I send login and password details for easy access?

For the new question: I put post body in content block. Now the result does not show any post body.

You can not put the [wpv-post-body view_template="None"] into post content block, it will conducts infinite loop problem.

Since your website has lot of content, I don't want to break it while debug, I suggest you send the database dump file, private message box enabled again.

As the issue is not related to Toolset, I am closing it. I will check with my hosting team.
Thank you!

Ce ticket est maintenant fermé. Si vous êtes un client de Toolset et que vous avez besoin d'aide, veuillez ouvrir un nouveau ticket d'assistance