Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Add Messaging to relate to CPT

This support ticket is created Il y a 4 années et 11 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Aucun de nos assistants n'est disponible aujourd'hui sur le forum Jeu d'outils. Veuillez créer un ticket, et nous nous le traiterons dès notre prochaine connexion. Merci de votre compréhension.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Ce sujet contient 2 réponses, a 2 voix.

Dernière mise à jour par larryL Il y a 4 années et 11 mois.

Assisté par: Waqar.

Auteur
Publications

I've configured Messaging per the online walkthrough. Although it doesn't seem to allow new converations (based upon subject to start (IOW I start conversation 1 'Test Message 11' & conversation 2 'Test Message 12' happens in the same thread).

WHat I would like to do is related messages to posts within custom post types. For example: within a post in a CPT 'test' a logged in user could open a new message to discuss the post. It would append to the bottom of the post and the message content would visible only to people who view/participate in that post. If that user opens another post/CPT they can start a fresh message about it.

Is this possible or do you suggest an alternative method?

Thanks!

Hi Larry,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

The messaging system that you refer to ( https://toolset.com/learn/how-to-create-a-messaging-system-with-toolset/ ) is designed for a 1-to-1 communication between two specific users registered on the website, without linking the conversation to any specific post.

If your requirement involves a group discussion between more than two users, about an individual post, it would be best to use WordPress' built-in "Comments" feature.
https://wordpress.org/support/article/comments-in-wordpress/

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

I had a feeling you would say that. I was hoping to have more control over the threading. Thanks!

Ce ticket est maintenant fermé. Si vous êtes un client de Toolset et que vous avez besoin d'aide, veuillez ouvrir un nouveau ticket d'assistance