Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Theme specific settings (Divi) for content template

This support ticket is created vor 4 Jahre, 11 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 10 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by Shane vor 3 Jahre.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Artikel
Theme-settings-for-content-template.jpg

I am trying to check out the option to have a different Divi header on a CPT with a content template.

There is no rush on this as I am just checking this out on a test site and noticed that when I tried this with the new options for the block editor it didn't work. I checked on another site using the Divi builder and noticed that the options don't work there either.

My screen shot, for example, shows that I am opting to display the menu centred with the logo on top but when I look on the front end I still see the default for the site with the logo on the left and menu across form it on the right. I also tried the option to hide the logo with no joy there either.

I made sure to also test with all plugins disabled and the default Divi theme.

Does this feature actually work? I ask as I get the sense that in the last year that there has been some divergence in integrations between themes and third party additions, with the advent of the new block editor.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Screenshot 2019-05-10 at 2.35.18 PM.png
Screenshot 2019-05-10 at 2.35.13 PM.png
Screenshot 2019-05-10 at 2.34.16 PM.png
Screenshot 2019-05-10 at 2.34.22 PM.png

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

I did a quick test on my local host with the latest version of divi and these settings and I can assure you that they work as intended. See Screenshots where i've enabled the left sidebar and removed it.

Perhaps there is something that is causing the settings here to not be respected. Have you tried disbaling the non-toolset plugins ?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

You are correct. I investigated a bit further and it looks like once you apply certain customisation oth the post type in a child theme the default site setting override any optional settings you make on the content template.

I will have to figure out how to counter this if I want to use these options on future projects.

A quick update. It seems that this functionality does not work through a child theme at all, even one without any customisation. Will pass a ticked to Elegant Themes flagging this.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Stephen

Could you also send me a copy of the child theme because I would need to report this to our team as well.

I just need to verify on my end and then provide our 2nd tier supporters with a clean installation.

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Screenshot 2019-05-13 at 1.22.36 PM.png
Screenshot 2019-05-13 at 1.22.41 PM.png
Screenshot 2019-05-13 at 1.22.46 PM.png

Hi Stephen,

Not sure why on your end it is giving you an issue. I've just tested with your child theme and it works flawlessly.

So the settings are being applied. Could you try on a fresh install if wordpress if possible for you ?

The site I checked on is a fresh copy.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

I notice from the attached screenshot that you set the layout to fullwidth. This is the one setting that does work. Did you try some of the other settings like Boxed Layout and the Header and Navigation options?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Stephen,

You are absolutely correct.

I was able to notice the issue now and have made a report to our 2nd tier supporters for further debugging.

Thanks,
Shane

Thanks Shane

Shane
Supporter

escalated

Shane
Supporter

Hi Stephen,

Our Team had published n errata describing this issue and it was marked as a wont fix.

For more description on this then you can go ahead and have a look at the link below.
https://toolset.com/errata/content-template-theme-settings-are-not-working-when-using-a-divi-child-theme/

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.