Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] select taxonomy list using relationship item name

This support ticket is created vor 1 Jahr, 3 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 5 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by davidm-13 vor 1 Jahr, 3 Monate.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Artikel
complaint-plant.JPG

Hi,
I have a medicinal plants database consisting of custom posts for plants which include the botanical name, and taxonomy lists of English, Arabic and Hebrew names. There are also custom posts for complaints, I have a one to many relationship between plant and the complaints treated (slug: plant-complaint, containing the botanical plant name). For each complaint I have a list of botanical plant names - see attached.

<li class="result-item-[wpv-post-id item='@plant-complaint.parent'] plantLst"> [wpv-post-link item="@plant-complaint.parent"] </li>

From the custom post for each plant I also want a list of the English, Arabic and Hebrew names, how can I achieve that?
Thanks for any help

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Basically - you can use the view's shortcode [wpv-post-taxonomy] to display the terms attached to your post:

For example:

[wpv-post-taxonomy type="category" separator=", " format="link" show="name" order="asc"]

Where:
- Replace "category" with your original taxonomy slug

More info:
- https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/views/views-shortcodes/#vf-153472

tax-lst.JPG

Hi Minesh,
Thanks for your reply. I tried your suggestion:

<li class="result-item-[wpv-post-id item='@plant-complaint.parent'] plantLst"> [wpv-post-link item="@plant-complaint.parent"] </li>
      <ul>
        <li>[wpv-post-taxonomy type="english-name" format="name" show="name" order="asc" separator="</li><li>"]</li>
      </ul>

but the English names taxonomy list does not appear - see attached.

Minesh
Supporter

Can you please share problem URL and admin access details and share what is your expected result and what terms you want to display.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Can you please check now: hidden link

I've added the "item" attribute item='@plant-complaint.parent' to the [wpv-ppst-taxonomy] shortcode as given under:

<li>[wpv-post-taxonomy type="english-name" format="name" show="name" order="asc" separator="</li><li>" item='@plant-complaint.parent']</li>

I hope the above solution help you to fix the issue.

Thanks Minesh,
Much appreciated.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.