Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Reactivation : Posts don’t publish everytime after order payment

Dieser Thread wurde gelöst. Hier ist eine Beschreibung des Problems und der Lösung.

Problem: Posts created by Forms Commerce are not always published successfully. Some stay in Draft status, while others seem to be published immediately.

Solution: Be sure the Form is configured to create posts in Draft status, and to change the post status to Publish automatically when the Order is complete. If your payment processor does not automatically set the Order status to complete once payment is finalized, you may need a custom code snippet or another 3rd-party plugin to automatically complete the order, as Forms Commerce requires this status for effectively managing the post publishing flow.

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/charge-users-for-submitting-content/#3-1-updating-the-post-status-when-the-payment-status-updates
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/charge-users-for-registering-premium-accounts/#4-after-payment-is-completes-woocommerce-updates-the-order-status-and-users-return-to-the-sites-order-received-page

This support ticket is created vor 2 Jahre, 8 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 12 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by Pat vor 2 Jahre, 8 Monate.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
Artikel

Pat

Hello,

I'm coming back to the previews ticket : https://toolset.com/forums/topic/post-dont-publish-everytime-after-order-payment/
I have just integrated the code as specified by Christian but I'm still getting the same issue : only the first product is published (on the 3 I have placed in the cart, the 2 others are draft).
Any idea on what could be the issue ?
Regards
Pat

Not sure what the problem could be, but I will take a closer look if you provide login credentials in the private reply fields. Please let me know where to find the Form on the front-end of the site, and where to find the cred_commerce_after_order_completed code.

- You can find the ADD TO CART button for example in this pages :
/produit/atelier-histoire-contemporaine-lundi-10h30-2021/
/produit/atelier-sagesses-des-jardins-vendredi-10h30-2021/
/produit/cours-chinois-b1-lundi-18h15-2021/
I cannot see the Add To Cart button anywhere on these pages, unfortunately. I checked the Produit template here:
hidden link

I see the Inscription Enseignement Form inserted in one of the text modules but it is inside conditionals:

{!{wpv-conditional if="( $(wpcf-type-d-evenement) eq 'Ateliers' ) OR ( $(wpcf-type-d-evenement) eq 'Langues' ) OR ( $(wpcf-type-d-evenement) eq 'Informatique' )"}!} 

{!{wpv-conditional if="( $(wpcf-annule) ne '1' ) AND ( '{!{wpv-post-field name='_stock'}!}' gt '0' ) AND ( '{!{wpv-current-user info='logged_in'}!}' ne 'false' ) AND ( $(wpcf-date-prevente) lte 'SECONDS_FROM_NOW(0) ' )"}!}

{!{wpv-conditional if="( remplacement_role() ne '0' )"}!}

I don't know exactly what all these conditionals test...do I need to be logged in as a different User to see the Add to Cart button? Or is there a different Product I should try?

I probably need to create a clone of the site to run additional tests in my local environment without causing changes in the live site. Let me know if that is a problem.

Pat

Hi Christian,

I have started to migrate the site under a test site in order for you to be able to make any modification from your side.
Please allow private answer and I will pass you all needed info.
Just concerning the conditional tests, they have been placed for differencing the type of event, then take into acount the fact that the even is still opened, allow the ADD TO CART from a specific date in the future and last, be sure that the member has a valid yearly subsciption (remplacement_role function).
In the test site, I will not place those conditional test !
Regards
Pat

Okay thanks for the additional information. I have activated private reply fields for your next communication.

Hi Pat, I'm still investigating this. Can you tell me which Order number you were testing with when you said...

I have just integrated the code as specified by Christian but I'm still getting the same issue : only the first product is published (on the 3 I have placed in the cart, the 2 others are draft).

I would like to inspect the data in the database to see which posts are associated with the order, and which posts are connected to the Form submission.

Pat

Hi Christian,

The last order is 20688 with 3 different products inside. Only the first one have been publish. The 2 other have been published manually. All 3 have been paid !
Not sure if the issue is the same if you validate an order manually in the backend. This would help you to place an order an validate it in the backend (for this, you just have to add a check payment or a bank payment in the WC parameters).
Hope this helps
Regards
Pat

Screen Shot 2021-07-27 at 10.56.57 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-27 at 11.00.40 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-27 at 11.02.02 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-27 at 11.04.36 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-27 at 11.04.49 AM.png

The last order is 20688 with 3 different products inside.
This order status is still marked "Processing". If the order status is not "Complete", the script I provided would never run. Only when the Order is "Complete" will the script publish the posts created by Forms. You can manually change the Order status to "complete", and I suspect that will publish all 3 posts.

I've made one change in the Form here:
hidden link
I've set the post status to be "Draft" during "Purchase processing". It was previously set to "Publish", which I think could be part of the problem. (screenshot) None of these posts should be published until the order is complete. I think you were seeing one published post even before the Order was complete, and this was part of the confusion.

I've also turned on the option "Cash on Delivery" in WooCommerce Payment settings so I could run a quick test in your staging environment.

Next, I visited this Product and clicked "Ajouter au panier":
hidden link
Then I visited this Product and also clicked "Ajouter au panier":
hidden link
Then I visited a third Product and clicked "Ajouter au panier":
hidden link

My cart had 3 products (screenshot), and 3 Ins Enseignement posts were also created in draft status (screenshot).

I checked out by selecting Cash on Delivery as the payment method. Order #20737 was created and I found it in Processing status as expected in WooCommerce > Orders. I selected that order and manually changed its status to "Complete" (screenshot).

Now all 3 Ins Enseignement posts associated with the Order are automatically Published (screenshot) by the script I provided. So the flow seems to work well in this case. Hopefully changing the Processing status has solved the problem completely. I will stand by for your update. If you are able to replicate the problem, please show me step-by-step how to recreate it.

Pat

Hi Christian
Many thanks for your time.
I'm a little confused with the order status.
I was not using the "completed" status due to the fact that after the payment, the order status is "In progress" and I don't want to have another manual action to transfer it to "Completed". That's why I chose to publish the post during the order processing, otherwise, it would not be published after the payment. I think this could be because the system is waiting for the delivery, but there is no delivery on the products on this site !!!
Could you give me some advice on that?

I will make some test in the next days to verify that all posts are published and keep you informed of the result.
Thanks again
Pat

I was not using the "completed" status due to the fact that after the payment, the order status is "In progress" and I don't want to have another manual action to transfer it to "Completed".
Forms Commerce works on the Order "Complete" status, because a "Processing" Order is still pending fulfillment. This becomes especially important when the Products involved are not virtual.
https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/managing-orders/

So the "Complete" Order status is a requirement for the entire Forms Commerce publishing process to work effectively from end-to-end, so you will either need a manual action or a 3rd-party plugin to adjust the Order status automatically once payment is complete. Otherwise, one or more of the posts created by Forms Commerce may be published, even if the User abandons the payment process. That would effectively allow Users to create free posts by starting an Order, but never submitting payment.

Some payment methods, like Paypal, do not automatically adjust the Order status once payment is complete. I suspect that is the case with whatever payment method you have been testing with. I understand there are custom code solutions for this, and also 3rd-party plugins that can automatically change the Order status for you when payment is complete.
https://www.tychesoftwares.com/how-to-automatically-complete-woocommerce-orders-when-they-go-to-the-processing-status/
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/publish-status-doesnt-change-after-payment/#post-915028

Our documentation refers to similar observations in these lessons:
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/charge-users-for-submitting-content/#3-1-updating-the-post-status-when-the-payment-status-updates
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/charge-users-for-registering-premium-accounts/#4-after-payment-is-completes-woocommerce-updates-the-order-status-and-users-return-to-the-sites-order-received-page

Pat

Hi Christian,

Understood !
I've pick up the code you proposed (even if I'm not using the "cash on delivery" method) :

add_action('woocommerce_order_status_changed', 'ts_auto_complete_by_payment_method');
function ts_auto_complete_by_payment_method($order_id)
{

if ( ! $order_id ) {
        return;
  }
  global $product;
  $order = wc_get_order( $order_id );

if ($order->data['status'] == 'processing') {
        $payment_method=$order->get_payment_method();
        if ($payment_method!="cod")
        {
            $order->update_status( 'completed' );
        }

}

}

Just a last question on this : as I will have 2 different hooks (one for the order completion and another for the multi published posts), is there something to manage in order that everything go in the right way (ie : the hook on completed order should be fired before the one for the published posts).
Let me know.
Regards
Pat

I don't think there is anything else you need to do, because the cred_commerce_after_order_completed hook will only fire when the order is complete.

Pat

Hi Christian,

Thanks for the confirmation. I will make some additional tests in the end of August. If anything goes wrong, I will open a new topic.
Thanks again
Pat

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.