Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Parent fields showing in child post type

Dieser Thread wurde gelöst. Hier ist eine Beschreibung des Problems und der Lösung.

Problem: Custom field groups are showing in the WordPress admin area on all post types

Solution: Modify your custom field group. In the section "Where to include this Field Group" make sure to select only the post types where you want them to appear.

Relevant Documentation: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/using-custom-fields/

This support ticket is created vor 7 Jahre, 2 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 2 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by AndyS4926 vor 7 Jahre, 2 Monate.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
Artikel
post-relationship.PNG

Hello I have created a post relationship 1:n Host to Coupon. Host is the parent.

Now when I want to add a coupon it shows all the fields of the parent in the add coupon screen and some fields are required so I can't save the coupon. I have hidden it from the screen options but still requires it. How do I stop that from appearing there please?
See screenshot.

Hi, you can select Post Types where you want to include your Post Field Group. Go to Toolset > Post Fields (or Toolset > User Fields for user field groups). Edit your Field Group and look for the section "Where to include this Field Group," and click the Edit button. You can remove your Coupon post type here. Then you should not get the required error message you are seeing on Coupon posts.

More info about custom fields can be found here:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/using-custom-fields/

I hope this helps - please let me know if I have misunderstood your request or if the problem remains unresolved and I'll be glad to take another look.

Sorted! That's what it needed.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.