Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Message Module – Types field shortcodes appear in email notifications

This support ticket is created vor 5 Jahre, 5 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 5 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by Christian Cox vor 5 Jahre, 5 Monate.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
Artikel

Thank you Christian - that does the job fine the from/to codes are now correct and I am able to adapt the message system to a membership site with just that one line change.

======
Hi [/types]“],

You have a message from [/types]“] [/types]“].
=======

The code in the email message is:

===========
<p>Hi [wpv-user field="user_firstname" id="[types field='message-to' output='raw'][/types]"],</p>
<p>You have a message from [wpv-user field="user_firstname" id="[types field='message-from' output='raw'][/types]"] [wpv-user field="user_lastname" id="[types field='message-from' output='raw'][/types]"].</p>
<p>Message: [wpv-post-excerpt length="80" more="..."]</p>
<p>This is an automated email, please do not reply to it.</p>
<p>You can reply <a href="[wpv-post-url]">directly here</a>.</p>
============

I don't recall changing this yet so I wondered if there may be a problem with the syntax.

I recall that sometimes " and ' characters can cause problems.

Many thanks
Tony

Okay thank you for the report, this looks like a separate bug. I will escalate this and get back to you when I have some further information.

Thanks Christian

I thought it might be a bug.

Kind regards
Tony

I am updating the ticket status, no need to reply right now.

Our developers have released an erratum post and patch files here: https://toolset.com/errata/types-shortcodes-are-not-expanding-in-toolset-forms-notifications/

Please install the patch files as described in the erratum post and let me know if the problem is not completely resolved.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.