Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Layouts and Genesis 2.6.1 ’strech‘ problem

Dieser Thread wurde gelöst. Hier ist eine Beschreibung des Problems und der Lösung.

Problem:
The 2.4.2 update to Genesis framework introduced changes to the markup and we document how to handle this on the page linked below. But the fix in the documentation doesn't seem to work when trying to use a full-width layout.

Solution:
The class name in the documentation .content-sidebar is only used on pages with a sidebar layout, and the required CSS when using a full-width layout should be updated to use the .full-width-content class, like so:

.full-width-content .site-inner {
  max-width: 100% !important;
}
.full-width-content .content-sidebar-wrap {
  width: 100%;
}

.full-width-content .content {
  padding: inherit;
}

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/recommended-themes/layouts-genesis-integration/upgrading-from-genesis-2-2-x-or-later-to-2-4-2/

This support ticket is created vor 6 Jahre. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 5 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by Ljuba vor 6 Jahre.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
Artikel

After I couldn't set Layouts, I did as it is on https://toolset.com/documentation/recommended-themes/layouts-genesis-integration/upgrading-from-genesis-2-2-x-or-later-to-2-4-2/

.content-sidebar .site-inner {
}
.content-sidebar .content-sidebar-wrap {
}
.content {
}

but it not working (child is Genesis Sample v2.6.0).

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English ) Spanisch (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Ljuba

I have a test site with the same Genesis Sample theme version installed.

Can you describe the set up for a page where the problem occurs so that I can try and reproduce?

004.png
003.png
002.png
001.png

1) I cannot yet to upload it until Minesh not finish his ticket. But if you want, open private message for credentials and I will upload it in some other domain.

2) It is actually not a page. It is layout (single.php) for CPT ('Sitios'), see image 001. Image 002 is CSS in Customizer. Image 003 is main settings of Genesis. Image 004 is front of the one site ('Sitio'), but just provisional layout (enough to see 'stretched' post).

I forgot. With or without '!important' in CSS, it is same.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English ) Spanisch (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Looking through that documentation page you linked to, it mentions that the class .content-sidebar is added on pages that use a sidebar, but in your Layouts theme options you have specified a full-width page, meaning that the class .full-width-content is added to the body instead.

I also found it necessary to set the width of .content to 100% to override the theme setting, so that the required CSS looked like this:

.full-width-content .site-inner {
}
.full-width-content .content-sidebar-wrap {
}

.full-width-content .content {
}

Hi Nigel,

That's working. Thanks.

P.S. Don't forget to update Documentation.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.