Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] image caption

This support ticket is created vor 5 Jahre, 3 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 21 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by Waqar vor 5 Jahre, 3 Monate.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
Artikel

Hi waqar, good day.
i am using the code from here to fetch the image caption:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/image-custom-field-into-sliders/#post-581696

but it seems its working on for the first 3 images, fourth images it produce strange characters.

Do you have any idea why ?

my field is image, repeat field.

is there any other direct way of using image caption ? thank you .

My previous ticket i just found:https://toolset.com/forums/topic/flexslider-captions-for-single-image-field/

i am now using swiper .

Hi more info.

i have 2 views. both same just the field name different.

its working here:hidden link

but not here:
hidden link

i guess you need to see backend site., ive enable the login for you , pls use the same login as before. thank you .

the code snippet is here:
hidden link

i am guessing its something got to do with the swiper js itself. let see.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Dee,

Thank you for waiting and for sharing the updates.

Based on what you've shared, I checked both pages, that you mentioned.

The slider was showing on the first page ( hidden link ), but not on the second one ( hidden link ).

During troubleshooting, I noticed that the layout assigned to the second page was "Landed House Detail View" ( hidden link ), which was calling the slider's content template as:

<div class="pad30">[wpv-post-body view_template="landed-dv-swiper-slider"]</div>

But in your content template's list, I couldn't locate any content template with this name or slug.

I've updated the slug of this template to the closest match "dv-swiper-slider" and the slider is now showing on the second page too.
( screenshot: hidden link )

<div class="pad30">[wpv-post-body view_template="dv-swiper-slider"]</div>

I hope this helps.

regards,
Waqar

Hi waqar. this is not the issue what you fixed is my testing editing a while ago. apologies on that. you can see the issue here now :

hidden link

will wait for the update as this is live site. thank you .

Not sure if you fully understand my issue , let me explain clearly again.

i am using the custom code from here:https://toolset.com/forums/topic/image-custom-field-into-sliders/#post-581696

to display image caption for repeating field images. i have 2 of those now but will have more.

not sure if i need custom fn for each of the image repeat field.

Hi waqar, we wasted 2 days just on this issue alone.
i need to move on as you too..
do you have any findings why this field/function behave like this ?

ill try to use the same image field as other cpt see if there issue persist.

update: repeating image field with 4 images has issue on the caption
make me thinking the shortcode can only be used for one field ?

why only 3 images no issue but more then 3 has issue?

not sure if this is issue with the swipper slider script , i am now testing with other better slider , flickity

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Dee,

Thank you for waiting and for sharing the updates.

I can confirm the same as you observed and it seems that shortcode [ts_caption] and the Swipper slider script seems to be working correctly, but the issue seems to be with the number of results returned inside the "wpv-for-each" loop block for the image fields.

When multiple instances of the image fields are present the shortcodes inside the "wpv-for-each" block (e.g. [ts_caption] & [incrementor] ) are not treated as shortcodes and are output as regular text.

Due to the complexity of the issue, I'll need to perform few tests around "wpv-for-each" shortcode and multiple instances of image fields, on my test website. I'll share my findings with you, as soon as that testing is completed.

For now, I'll recommend checking server's error logs to see if there are any errors/warnings recorded, related to timeout or resource consumption. You can also test this again, after increasing max execution time and allowed memory size, in your server's PHP settings.

regards,
Waqar

Hi.

There is no error on the log file. ive spoken to my host they said its not due to server settings, max exec time etc.

Thanks.

Hi.
some updates:
can you check this again:hidden link

it seems its a swiper issue, no such issue on the flickity slider. can you confirm ? but the caption is not fetching the individual yet,. need to look at it deeper.

Hi , any update , if no solution could you escalate the issue or pass to others etc ?

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Dee,

I apologize for the delay but this issue seemed to be more complex than originally anticipated.

I'll have a detailed update to share with you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.