Skip Navigation

[Geschlossen] How to display LMS style child posts in the sidebar?

This support ticket is created vor 2 Jahre, 12 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 5 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by Luo Yang vor 2 Jahre, 12 Monate.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
Artikel
Screenshot 2021-04-20 20.13.22.jpg

Hello,

I am trying to create an LMS using Toolset. Of course, I have the option to use an LMS but almost all the LMS I have come across are very costly and do not fit into my budget. No doubt some of them do offer a free version, but it has some limitation or the other. This is why I decided to build a custom LMS.

I am using GeneratePress Premium, Beaver Builder + Beaver Themer & Toolset.

To achieve this, I have created three CPT's viz Courses, Chapters & Lessons and two relationships viz Courses Chapters (one to many)& Chapters Lessons (one to many).

Courses would have chapters, and chapters would have lessons.

The setup so far is working perfectly fine, and I have added the posts in all the three CPT's.

Now I would like to display the child posts in the sidebar and post contents in the content area. The sidebar would display the child posts in the following manner.

XYZ Course
|- Chapter 1
|-- Lesson 1
|-- Lesson 2
|-- Lesson 3
|-- Lesson 4
|- Chapter 2
|-- Lesson 1
|-- Lesson 2
|-- Lesson 3
|-- Lesson 4

A working example can be seen at "hidden link"

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Alok

Hello,

It needs a nested post views, for example, you can try these:
1) Parent post view
- Query "Chapter" posts
-Filter by:
Post type relationship between Courses and Chapters
- In views loop. display:
Post title + below child post view

2) Child post view:
- Query "Lessons" posts
-Filter by:
Post type relationship between Chapters and Lessons
- In Views loop, display the post information

3) In single "Course" post content, display the parent post view's shortcode
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views-shortcodes/#wpv-view

Hi Luo,

I went through the steps but found it difficult to replicate it in my installation.

I would appreciate if you could write it down the process step by step so that I could replicate it precisely the same way.

BTW, as I was browsing the Toolset site, I happen to come across the course section. For e.g., this page https://toolset.com/course/wordpress-directory-and-classifieds-sites/. This is what I would like to achieve with the only exception that it would be displayed in the sidebar.

Thanks,

Alok

Please share your website credentials in below private message box, I can setup a demo for you, thanks

Hi Luo,

I have been tested positive and isolated myself.

On the other hand, my daughter is having her online exams.

We have only one laptop which I have sanitised and given it to my daughter.

Once her exams are over, I will reply back with all the required information.

Until then, can you please place this request on hold?

Thanks,

Alok

I have marked this thread as "Waiting for feedback" status, please update here when your test site is ready

Das Thema „[Geschlossen] How to display LMS style child posts in the sidebar?“ ist für neue Antworten geschlossen.