Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Filter a view based on repeated field groups field

This support ticket is created vor 5 Jahre, 10 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 1 Antwort, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by Luo Yang vor 5 Jahre, 10 Monate.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
Artikel

My understanding on the new field group is that the data will be stored as meta data. I would like to confirm that such is the same as the existing repeated field feature where the data is not filterable?

For instance in CPT "house", having "rooms" as a repeated groups. I would not be able to create a view to query and filter certain fields in the "rooms" group (say kidroom, lounge)? Hence i would not be able to show all the "houses" that has a lounge, for instance.

Hello,

The "repeated field groups" feature of Types plugin is based on custom post type, it is similar as one-to-many relationship, so if your view is querying the posts of post type "house", you can not filter the results by custom fields of "rooms", you can only filter by the fields/taxonomy of post type "house".

As a workaround, you can setup a view to query the repeated groups "rooms", filter by the certain fields in the "rooms" group, and display the related "house" post information.

See our document:
How to display related posts with Toolset
https://toolset.com/documentation/post-relationships/how-to-display-related-posts-with-toolset/
Using Post Reference Field To Display Data Of Related Posts
https://toolset.com/documentation/post-relationships/how-to-display-related-posts-with-toolset/using-post-reference-fields-to-display-information-from-a-related-post/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.