Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Field validation

This support ticket is created vor 8 Jahre, 4 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 4 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by zoeS vor 8 Jahre, 4 Monate.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Artikel

Just thought I'd mention this, as it could have saved me a little time and head scratching: there seem to be some characters (forward slash for example) that are not accepted in the title field when creating custom fields. I was trying to add a group of custom fields, some of which had forward slashes, and each time the group appeared to have been saved, but in fact wasn't. It would be good to have some sort of validation that would flag this up. Thanks

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I've just tested on local install at this end and I can see that I can save forward slash (/) with custom field title while creating custom field but slug will not have (/) as it will cause the issue with the links.

If I do not understand your problem correctly, could you please send me exact steps to reproduce your issue.

Thanks for the response Minesh. What was happening with me was that it appeared to be saving, but then didn't, until I tried again without the / in any of the field titles, and then all was fine. It does appear to have saved with the slash, but if I go back to the list view with all of the custom groups, the new group is not there. Similarly, if I open an existing group, add a new field with a title that contains a slash, save it, go back to the list, and open that group again, the new item is not there. I have seen the same thing on my local installation and the one on the server.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

screenshot-mineshts.host 2015-12-02 10-08-18.png

I've tested with test case you have shared with us that after saving custom field group go to list and again edit custom field group and the field with slash will be missing but unfortunately I'm not able to reproduce the issue as this end.

Please refer to attached screenshot what I can see after performing actions: save custom fields group - visit custom fields group list - edit custom field:

I have tried it again with a fresh test case, and everything worked as it should. I have no idea what was happening previously, looks like it will remain a mystery. Thank you so much for your help.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.