Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Email this page to me & enquire about this product

This support ticket is created vor 7 Jahre, 10 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 2 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by joshB-6 vor 7 Jahre, 10 Monate.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
Artikel

Hi All.

I am trying to add a feature into one of my my views.
Two features actually, However I am unsure of the correct way to implement it.

In the site I have a post type called "Auction Lot"

In this post type I would like to have the option for a visitor to request more info on the item.
This would need to trigger somewhere where the visitor would click the button or icon and have a popup appear, or if it is easier, a form appear where they can put their email address in and have a link to the page emailed to them.

In the same vein, I would like for the visitor to be able to click another button, be able to enter their contact details to be able to request further information, such as a condition report.

Would CRED be the right way to do this? having the data posted to the Db is not critical at this point., but if that is the most convenient way that would be fine!

Kind Regards .

Josh

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English ) Spanisch (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

CRED is for creating (and editing) posts or users, it is not really any help here, certainly for your first example.

WordPress has the ability to send emails built-in and you could employ some custom code to make this work. But I'm guessing you are looking at a plug-in solution.

You could try something like the wp-email plug-in (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-email/) which is normally used to add a link to email a page to a friend but might serve your purpose. There's a tutorial about it here: hidden link. You should be able to add the shortcode for it to your view where you display your auction lot.

I hope you'll appreciate that we can't support 3rd party plugins or custom code, but we do maintain a list of certified partners for bespoke development work: https://toolset.com/consultant/

As for your second question, CRED and Types may be of help here.

You could create a custom post type for follow ups, make a CRED post form with fields to enter contact details and a message, and when the visitors submitted the form it would create these follow up posts which you could then view and manually respond to in the back end. Doing that is straightforward CRED form building, you can follow the documentation (https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/creating-cred-forms/) and add a link to the form on your auction lot view.

Thank you Nigel.

I didn't think of inserting third party shortcodes into a view.

Thank you for nudging me in the right direction.
I ended up using a shortcode for a social sharing plugin for the emailing and share to FB etc and a collapsable div for a contact form whic took care of all the needs.

Thanks again for the top class support!

Josh

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.