Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Editing images at the fontend

This support ticket is created vor 2 Jahre, 1 Monat. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 20 Antworten, has 3 Stimmen.

Last updated by Dido vor 2 Jahre, 1 Monat.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Artikel

Hi, This website hidden link is a portal for antique dealers.
They have an account and can upload a new item by using a Form. Is there a possibility to edit their images during or after uploading?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Dido,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Yes this is possible to do if the form is set to use the wordpress media library manager when they're uploading the images. Once the image has been uploaded they can just click on the Edit image option from which they can start doing their edits.

NB: Use the WordPress Media Library manager for image, video, audio, or file fields must be enabled on your form.

Thanks,
Shane

geen.JPG
foto.JPG
media.JPG

Hi Shane,

I have this allready activated. When I want to edit the image, I have to click on Replace image (I will translate this, thanks to your other reply). After clicking I don't see any option to edit the image, for instance, crop or flip.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Dido,

Are you currently viewing the form as a logged in user? Can you try viewing as an admin user and let me know if the option now appears for you to edit the image?

Perhaps the user role that you're using doesn't have the ability to edit the images.

Thanks,
Shane

Yes! your right. Where can I add this permission? (I use access)

Shane
Supporter

Hi Dido,

What you need to do is to give your user role the edit_post permission.

Go to Toolset-> Access Control -> Custom Roles.

Click on Change Permissions on your user role and under Other capabilities ensure that edit_post is selected.

Once this is done you should see the edit link appearing on the media uploader for that role on the frontend form.

Thanks,
Shane

user.JPG

Hi Shane,
This was allready activated. I add the option edit_files. But the editlink is not showing up.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Dido,

The final piece to the puzzle is that you must manage the Media Post type permissions with Types.

Then ensure that the user role has Publish, Edit Own and Read permissions for the Media post type.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,
It is not working, I even set the permission on level 10. Nothing changed.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Dido,

Would you mind allowing me to have admin access to the website so that I can have a more detailed look at this for you ?

Please where applicable please provide me with a link to an example page where I can see the issue.

I've enabled the private fields for your next response. Also let me know the User Role that you want to allow to edit the image from the frontend.
Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Dido,

Thank you for the credentials, however I also need an admin account in order to check the access settings on the user role.

Thanks,
Shane

Of course! You can login with Z-Dido and same password

Minesh
Supporter

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Shane is on vacation. This is Minesh here and I'll take care of this ticket. Hope this is OK.

When I loggedin with the user: addy@dainamics.nl

And when I load the page: hidden link
- I can see the button "Bewerk dit artikel" and when I click on it, it redirect me on Edit form:
- hidden link

Can you please tell me what is the issue here?

edit.JPG

Hi Minesh,

The problem is: I don't see the edit link.
Screenshot is from when I was logged-in as administrator.

Minesh
Supporter

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Do you want to see Edit link in Media library?

Can you please share the exact step by step information where exactly you want to display the Edit link.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.