Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Custom taxonomies not appearing in Layouts or widgets

Dieser Thread wurde gelöst. Hier ist eine Beschreibung des Problems und der Lösung.

Problem:
How to add a widget for custom taxonomies like the WordPress categories widget

Solution:
There is a WP Views widget that can be used to output a View inside a widget.

So create a View to display taxonomy terms for your taxonomy designing the output as required, featuring term archive links using [wpv-taxonomy-link] for example.

Then add this View to a WP Views widget.

This support ticket is created vor 6 Jahre, 11 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 2 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by guyA-2 vor 6 Jahre, 11 Monate.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
Artikel
Screen Shot 2017-05-11 at 10.04.57.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-11 at 10.01.39.png

Hi there,

I've created two custom taxonomies for my events custom post. They appear in the backend editor for this post type as you'd expect.

But they do not appear as widgets in WordPress. How do I register these two taxonomies so that they appear as widgets in WP and I can access them when I add a single widget in Layouts?

I've attached a screen grab of the widget list I see when I add single widget using Layouts and a screengrab showing the custom taxonomies as they correctly appear under my event custom post type (Event Categories and Event Locations).

Thanks in advance for your support!

Guy

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English ) Spanisch (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Guy

There are no widgets for custom taxonomies in the same way that there is a widget for built-in categories.

You can use the WP Views widget though to output a View in a widget.

So create a new View. For the Content Selection you will want to choose taxonomy, and then the specific taxonomy you require.

This will return the terms of that taxonomy.

So design the Loop output section to output whatever you require, such as a link to the term archive using the [wpv-taxonomy-link] shortcode.

Then insert a WP Views widget where required and specify your newly created View.

Let me know if you run into problems with that.

Hey Nigel,

Thanks for your quick and clear response.
It got me moving forward again.

Have a great day!

Cheers,

Guy

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.