Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Custom archive not linked to custom post in Toolset dashboard

This support ticket is created vor 6 Jahre, 11 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 9 Antworten, has 3 Stimmen.

Last updated by guyA-2 vor 6 Jahre, 10 Monate.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Artikel
Screen Shot 2017-05-30 at 17.43.27.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-30 at 17.42.35.png

Hi,

I've set up a custom post type called trainings.

I'v created a custom archive for this page and assigned it to the trainings custom post type but in the Toolset dashboard this custom post type is showing up as not having an archive page.

See my screengrabs.

How can I get Toolset to recognise my custom archive for the trainings custom post type?

Thanks,

Guy

Hi, have you created a Layout for your custom post type archives? Once you create a Layout, add an archive cell for your CPT. Then you should see this information updated on the Toolset Dashboard. Let me know how it goes.

Thanks!

I've got this working. But have another quick query...
I'd like to display the archive title at the top of the page (above the loop items) and I'm using the [wpv-archive-title] shortcode but it's just displaying the word Archives.

How do I get it to display the actual title of this section which is Training.

See my attached screengrab.
Thanks for your help so far.

Guy

Screen Shot 2017-05-31 at 10.32.42 AM.png

Hi, where are you placing the [wpv-archive-title] shortcode? If you place the shortcode in a Visual Editor cell in your Archive Layout, you should see "Archive: Training". Please see the attached screenshot for an example. I'm using the CPT "Projects" but it's the same general idea.

Screen Shot 2017-06-08 at 13.08.49.png
Screen-Shot-2017-06-08-at-13.08.01.jpg

Hey Chris,

Sorry for the delay... I've been busy on a few other projects and just getting back to this now.

For some reason this is still not working. See my attached screengrab showing the title ARCHIVES appearing top left (underneath the semi-transparent header.

My second screengrab shows the layout for this page with <h1>[wpv-archive-title]</h1> in it's own row.

What I'm trying to do is get the h1 on individual course pages to be the title of our custom post type: Training (singular).

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Guy,

As Christian is currently on vacation, i'll be handling this ticket.

Would you mind providing me with admin access to the site so that I can check on this issue further for you ?

The private fields will be enabled for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Guy,

From what I see the layout that you are using this [wpv-archive-title] shortcode won't on a regular page Layout. This shortcode would need to be placed on an archive layout for it to work.

Thanks,
Shane

Screen Shot 2017-06-09 at 08.52.06.png
Screen Shot 2017-06-09 at 08.52.23.png

Hey Shane,

I'm using [wpv-archive-title] on the archive layout (see my attached screengrab).
I've now tried using: [wpv-post-title id="$parent"] but it just shows the title of the current page.

Is it not possible to display the title of the parent page dynamically then?

I'd like to achieve 2 things here:

1. On the archive layout I'd like to display an h1 with the archive title so in this case it's <h1>Training</h1> but because we're also using this layout for blog, archive and search results we need the h1 to be dynamic based on the archive title.

2. On a single page layout I'd like to display the parent of the single page in an h1 so: <h1>Training</h1>. Again we want this to be dynamic because we don't want to have to hard code the titles and create different layouts for each of these single pages.

Does this make sense? And more importantly is it possible? It feels like it should be but perhaps I'm missing something here.

Thanks for your support!

Shane
Supporter

Hi Guy,

Since you are working with Archives, the archives themselves wouldn't have a parent since the relationship is not between the Archives it is between the post themselves.

So if you want to display the Title of the parent post then the [wpv-post-title id='$parent'] must be within the loop that is displaying the posts. Also $parent must be the slug of the parent CPT, so if you have a parent CPT whose slug is Teachers then the correct way to get the parent title of each individual posts is by doing this [wpv-post-title id='$teachers']

Please let me know if this clarifies things a bit more for you.

Thanks,
Shane

Thanks Shane. I'm closing this Ticket.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.