Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] child posts have disappeared

Dieser Thread wurde gelöst. Hier ist eine Beschreibung des Problems und der Lösung.

Problem:

The issue here is that the user's views weren't loading at all on the frontend.
Solution:

Checking on the issue here I found that the views were being loaded as the view's debug information was returning the correct data but nothing was displayed on the page.

This issue turned out to be caused by the user running an older and outdated version of wordpress. Updating to the latest version of wordpress resolved the issue.

This support ticket is created vor 2 Jahre, 11 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 18 Antworten, has 3 Stimmen.

Last updated by davidm-13 vor 2 Jahre, 10 Monate.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Artikel

Hi,
on my site child posts have suddenly stopped appearing with their parent posts.
I have not made any changes that would cause this.
Why would this happen?
Thanks for your help

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi David,

Thank you for getting in touch.

In a case where the posts just stop appearing on their parent posts, I would try to rule out a plugin conflict.

What you can do is to temporarily disable all your non-toolset plugins and check again. If after disabling the plugins you are still able to notice the issue, then can you provide me with admin access to the site so that I can have a look at the site in further details for you.

I've enabled the private fields for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi David,

It would appear that your site isn't allowing listing out of views at all.

When I checked the site the view is getting the results and the correct result but something is causing the output not to be displayed.

Can you remember when did this issue started to occur ? There may be some custom code causing this.

If you're unsure when this stated to occur, may I take a copy of the site for further debugging ?

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane, Yes you can take a copy.
The last recent major change was changing the domain name from florapalaestina-ethnobotany.org to florapal.org and also the domain name florapal.org was registered with AwardSpace.com and is now registered with Fozzy.com. I used Velvet Blues plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/velvet-blues-update-urls/ to change urls on the site, and changed some instances manually. After this change the site was working ok I could still see the child posts with their parents. The other recent event was problems with updating Toolset plugins which you dealt with.
Thanks for your help

Hi Shane,
I downloaded the site to localhost, and now using localhost I see the child posts listed with their parent post - does that give you more of an indication where the problem might be?
I also see a new view "Complaints test" which I assume you added.
Thanks for your help

Hello, Shane has a national holiday today and will return tomorrow to continue assisting you. Thanks for yor patience.

Thanks for the update Christian,

It's been around 5 days since I opened this thread and my client is pressuring me to get this issue sorted out. So really appreciate if Shane can get back to me asap.

Thanks

Understood. In the meantime, two things you can do proactively:
1. Reinstall Views. Download a fresh copy from https://toolset.com/account/downloads/#legacy-plugins, deactivate and delete the existing plugin, and upload the fresh copy.
2. Check the server logs. Server logs could help determine whether or not any server-side errors are present. Those might provide additional clues to the source of the recent problems, so if you can go ahead and get that information for Shane to review it might save time. If you are not familiar with server logs, I can show you how to activate one temporarily.

Go in your wp-config.php file and look for the definitions of WP_DEBUG, WP_DEBUG_LOG, WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY, and WP_DISABLE_FATAL_ERROR_HANDLER, and any ini_set statements for 'display_errors'. Note that if you try to define something twice, you could produce a fatal error, so be sure you are not duplicating any of these definitions. ​Please add these definitions as needed, or change existing definitions to match the following:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
@ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );
define('WP_DISABLE_FATAL_ERROR_HANDLER',true);

After making these changes, visit hidden link again or reload the page. If any server-side errors are triggered during this process, it will create a file error_log.txt in your site's root directory. Use FTP to look for this file in the same directory as wp-config.php. You may need to click "Refresh" in your FTP browser to see a new file appear. Please download this file to your computer, open it in any text editing software, and copy its contents. Paste that information in your next reply for Shane to review. Once that is done, you can revert the changes you made to wp-config.php and delete the log file using FTP.

Hi Shane,
Followed Christian's instructions.
This is the content of error_log.txt

[24-May-2021 22:36:01 UTC] PHP Warning:  call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function 'wp_filter_content_tags' not found or invalid function name in /home/florapal/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 289
[24-May-2021 22:36:01 UTC] PHP Warning:  call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function 'wp_filter_content_tags' not found or invalid function name in /home/florapal/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 289
[24-May-2021 22:36:03 UTC] PHP Warning:  call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function 'wp_filter_content_tags' not found or invalid function name in /home/florapal/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 289

Hope this helps to sort the problem.
Thanks

Is Shane working today? Can anybody else help me?

Thanks

Shane
Supporter

Hi David,

I'm here today. This is quite odd, as you mentioned this works fine on your localhost. I can also see that the view is returning the results when I enable the debug mode for view. Just that nothing is displaying.

I'm taking a copy of the site to deploy locally to see what happens.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane, Good to hear from you.
This problem is becoming critical as people need to see a fully working website so we can complete development.
Would it help if I reload all the parent (Plants) and child (Complaints) posts? What would be the best method to ensure a clean install of all posts, taxonomies and custom fields?
Thanks for your help

Shane
Supporter

Screenshot 2021-05-25 at 2.42.07 PM.png

Hi David,

I can confirm on my end that the table does in fact show up. See Screenshot.

Whatever is happening seems to be related to the server itself. Are you able to get in touch with the support team for the host and check for the php error logs and the mysql error logs to see what is causing there ?

There might be some internal limit being hit on the server that is causing the view not to display.

Given that we can bot confirm that the issue is not there when we both brought the site to a different server then it is a Good indicator that the root cause is the server.

Was there also any recent updates to the server environment for e.g change in php version ?

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

Shane, I included a screenshot of some errors in Reply #2066963. Does that not give an indication of the problem?
I asked you about the best method of doing a clean reinstall of posts, taxonomies, and custom fields. Please could you respond.

Thanks
David

Shane
Supporter

Screenshot 2021-05-25 at 4.10.00 PM.png

Hi David,

These warnings are being triggered on my localhost as well so this wouldn't be a good indicator as to the cause of the issue.
Would it help if I reload all the parent (Plants) and child (Complaints) posts? What would be the best method to ensure a clean install of all posts, taxonomies and custom fields?

This won't help because its not an issue where the posts are not being loaded. They are in fact being loaded as you can see from the screenshot.

The problem is no output is being displayed given that the data is coming through.

I see one major difference in my version of your site when I brought it to my localhost. It got updated to the latest version of wordpress. This is the only difference I can spot currently.

At this point we need to check all the boxes. Can you perform the update to wordpress version 5.7.2 and let me know if the issue still remains? If it does please let me know ASAP.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.