Skip Navigation

[Geschlossen] Best practice – Gutenberg, blocks and theme

This support ticket is created vor 3 Jahre, 7 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Heute stehen keine Supporter zur Arbeit im Werkzeugsatz-Forum zur Verfügung. Sie können gern Tickets erstellen, die wir bearbeiten werden, sobald wir online sind. Vielen Dank für Ihr Verständnis.

Dieses Thema enthält 1 Antwort, hat 2 Stimmen.

Zuletzt aktualisiert von Nigel vor 3 Jahre, 7 Monate.

Author
Artikel

Hi,
I am starting to transform from using pagebilders to now create using gutenberg and blocks. I would appreciate all advices for a future best practice in this matter. I understand from articles I have read that your toolset framework will be optimized for gutenberg in the future - so I have a few newbie questions in this matter:

I need som advanced design functions, like accordians, pop up fields and so on. Do yo have recommendations regarding plug ins to gutenberg to achive this. They should work together with toolset.

Also - What kind of theme would you recommend? I need a theme that support fullwidth pages - including custom post types.

I hope you are able to help me getting started with this transformation, and point me in the best direction for webpages built with toolset and gutenberg 😉

Nigel
Supporter

Sprachen: Englisch (English ) Spanisch (Español )

Zeitzone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

As a starting point, regarding themes we have integrations with a handful of themes where the theme options (such as full-width pages) can be set when creating templates with Toolset, so it would probably be a good idea to start with one of those: https://toolset.com/documentation/recommended-themes/

Toolset itself offers quite a large range of blocks (best to try it out and see), but it's quite likely that you may want to use 3rd party plugins to enhance the range of blocks available.

We don't have a block to create fancy dividers between sections of a page, for example, and maybe we won't ever add one because there are blocks from other providers you can use such as the beautiful one from stackable blocks: versteckter Link

You really need to try out the alternatives (assuming it is something missing from Toolset) yourself to see what would be useful to you, but as well as Stackable some of the other main block plugins you might try are Kadence, Atomic Blocks, and Ultimate Add-ons for Gutenberg Blocks, amonst others.

There are a handful of known compatibility issues relating to styling of some blocks being preserved on the front-end when used in templates, but we will work to address those.

Das Thema „[Geschlossen] Best practice – Gutenberg, blocks and theme“ ist für neue Antworten geschlossen.