Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] WYSIWYG field not saving values.

Dieser Thread wurde gelöst. Hier ist eine Beschreibung des Problems und der Lösung.

Problem:
The user is encountering issues with WYSIWYG fields. They can't be saved after the Types 3.4.13 update.

Solution:
This has been fixed in Types 3.4.14.

This support ticket is created vor 2 Jahre, 6 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 7 Antworten, has 3 Stimmen.

Last updated by robS-4 vor 2 Jahre, 6 Monate.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author
Artikel

Hi Jamal, in two projects (mijn.oorno.nl and werkenbijaccoladezorg.nl) the WYSIWYG editor is not saving values in a WYSIWYG field. Both run views and types latest versions. In one of the projects i disabled all plugins + switched themes; it did not work. Yesterday it was working. This is actually quite a big problem for us 🙂

I want to add that when opening an existing post, i see the content. When editing and saving the content it's empty. But it also empties the actual content (resulting in an empty post). So it seems that the value in the dbase is also removed..

Sorry to bump this; but is there any usefull update on this issue? I'm a bit worried about tomorrow (and all days after) when clients start using the wysiwyg editor and losing their data.
Thanks!

Hi Jamal, it’s now 12 hours later.

Businesses are opening up here and that means some of my clients will start using their website. For some of them it’s crucial to provide their services and get new customers.

Without a working wysiwyg editor and chances of losing existing data there is a real and urgent problem for them and therefore for me. I need to explain on very short notice what is wrong, how the solution looks and when solution will be available.

Can you please give me asap an update on the issue Jamal?

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English ) Französisch (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello and my apologies for the late reply. We have published an update(Types 3.4.14) that includes a fix for this issue. Please make a full backup and test it. Let us know if it fixes the issue for you.
https://toolset.com/download/toolset-types/#changelog

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

We have updated but still have this issue.

We have noticed that it does save if you publish/update, but not when you are in an unpublished post and hit "save draft".

I downgraded to 3.4.12 and we do not have the issue.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.