Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Views update broke my site

This support ticket is created vor 6 Jahre, 1 Monat. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 8 Antworten, has 3 Stimmen.

Last updated by viktorI vor 5 Jahre, 11 Monate.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Artikel

hello i just realize that my mobile menu (using plugin) got broken.. i don't remember when it broke as i continiously update toolset plugin. i bought the mobile menu from codecanyon and no update for a while as it use wordpress core

you can easily replicate this error by install a clean wordpress, toolset, and this plugin.. look at console log and you'll find several error notification appears

you can download the plugin hidden link

can you help solve this problem

I create a test site

hidden link
User: testadmin
Pass: testadmin

Itu simply a clean install of WordPress, morph, and toolset.

You can see the console.log, it throws errors. If you turn off morph, the error dissapear.

It was working fine but few last update of toolset broke the stability

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - it looks like compatibility issue and I've reported this to our next level support for further debug. As it's compatibility issue - it may take long time as it's totally depends on how plugin author co-operates to fix the issue as well as what are predefined priorities set for our Devs.

I'll get in touch with you as soon as I know more.

if you take a look at the plugin site:
hidden link

the last update is 3 October 16. I thought some of the script is getting obsolete, but i contact the author to discuss my thought, and he said no update needed as it using core wordpress with additional simple javascript.

hope you find a clue soon.

Minesh
Supporter

Well - I've update for you that there is an incompatibility between morph plugin and the underscore JS library bundled within WordPress core, since both define and use a global variable exports.

It seems that underscore JS library is doing it properly, but morph plugin is not. There is no resolution to this issue from our end. You can contact your plugin author and share your issue details with them.

If you turn off wp_views, there's no conflict between morph and wordpress
it's only crash when wp_views turned on

Any clue

Hello,

Minesh isn't available, the compatibility problem you mentioned above has been put into our to-do list, you will get the answer soon when there is any news from our developers.

Minesh
Supporter

The javascript library ' _' called underscore and is included within WordPress core, and used a lot by all Toolset plugins, both in frontend and in backend.

Here is our experts detailed technical answer:

The Morph plugin is using a library named ' retina.min.js' which at some points exports its main function to be used, and calls it like retinajs( jQuery('.morph-logo-image img') ); .

This library exports the function by checking whether the exports object exists, and in case it does not, it defines it as an empty object: "undefined" == typeof exports && (exports = {}) .

By doing so, it is breaking the exporting mechanism from the underscore library, which is slightly more complex, as in "undefined" != typeof exports ? ("undefined" != typeof module && module.exports && (exports = module.exports = m), exports._ = m) : u._ = m (contains proper fallbacks when xporting modules, for example).

This issue causes the incompatibility between morph plugin and the underscor library bundled within WordPress core, since both define and use a global variable exports.

Thanks

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.