Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Is it possible to use WP Filter Views widget with WooCommerce?

This support ticket is created vor 7 Jahre, 1 Monat. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 6 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by adamS-15 vor 7 Jahre, 1 Monat.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
Artikel

Is it possible to use WP Filter Views widget with WooCommerce?

I am trying to: use a WP Views Filter widget in the sidebar that will give visitors the option to filter out results on the fly (ajax) for WooCommerce. I am using custom taxonomies that are already set.

1.Gender: man/woman
2. Experience: amateur/PRO
3. Time required: 3 days / 5 days / 7 days
.... and so on

I visited this URL: hidden link

example of what I'm trying to do is here: hidden link

Is it even possible to make this work with WooCommerce product listing?
I honestly don't know where to start.

Thank you!
Adam Serafin

I somehow got it to work 🙂 > great vid> hidden link

questions:
1. how can I display the results of a search on main WordPress Archives>Product Catalog instead of using a WP results page? This way if I need to change the way it looks like I have to edit both places?

2. How can I remove the custom search option on top of the search page when Search widget is already there in the sidebar? (doubling)

problem url: >>> hidden link

wp-types-order change.png

I got it too 🙂 > [wpv-view name="voice-search" view_display="layout"]

but!? > how do I sort/reorder the search options? (taxonomies)

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English ) Spanisch (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Screen Shot 2017-03-27 at 09.16.52.png

Hi Adam

I have a feeling that if I wait long enough to reply you will figure it out yourself 😉

When you insert filter controls into your View using the New Filter button the dialog includes options for ordering the taxonomy terms, as shown in the screenshot.

To edit an existing filter control, place the cursor on the wpv-control shortcode and hit Edit Filter.

You can see the reference for the wpv-control shortcode here: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views-shortcodes/#wpv-control

If you have multiple filter controls you can, of course, change the order of them in the filter editor.

You might find that page useful, it includes reference info for all of the Views shortcodes.

Hi Nigel,

You're right 🙂 trial and error method is for me the best way to learn - with a good backup of course 🙂 hehe.

Still, is it possible to display the results of a search on main WordPress Archives>Product Catalog instead of using a WP results page?

Right now if I need to change anything I need to edit the code in both places to make sure it looks the same.
1. in Toolset>WordPress Archives>(My Product Catalog)
2. in Toolset>Views>(My Search View)

Thank you very much!

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English ) Spanisch (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Adam

If I'm understanding your set up correctly, you have a custom shop page (a custom WordPress archive for products), as well as a custom product search view added to a static page.

The two are basically the same, except you want to be able to include the search filters in a sidebar. You can separate out the search form with filters and the search results with a view. You can add search filters to a custom WordPress archive, but you cannot separate the search form from the results.

Hence the duplication, is that right?

If having the search form in sidebar is a deal-breaker then there is no alternative, as with the custom archive you can have the same search filters but they will be in the main content area together with the results.

Or, did you mean something else?

Got it now!

Thank you so much for clarification.

Best regards,
Adam

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.