Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Views Date Filter Search not working

This support ticket is created vor 6 Jahre, 5 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 6 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by rahulS-5 vor 6 Jahre, 4 Monate.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
Artikel

Please check my website: hidden link
As soon as you login you will see the homepage that has a search box on the top and the search results below it.

The search box has the following input fields filters:
Student Name
Mobile Number
Batch Name
Date

The Date doesn't work. When I click on the calendar icon and then select a date from the popup, nothing happens. The date should technically get selected so i can filter my results but that doesn't work at all. Please check.

Also, I had initially set for the search results to immediately update (ajax update). But that wasn't working, then I set it to update when the search button is clicked. Please also help with that as why the ajax update work.

Lastly, the reset button doesn't work as well. Hence for now, I just make it load the homepage again, simulating the reset. Please check that as well.

In total,
1. Date/calendar doesn't work
2. Ajax filtering/update doesn't work
3. Reset Doesn't work

Please help.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English ) Spanisch (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Rahul

I looked at your site and saw the problem, though I'm not sure of the cause.

I can't see how you have built that page. You have a Layout that contains the View but is only inserting the results. I can't see where the filters section is inserted.

I created a new View that reproduces the functionality of your View without the styling and simply inserted it directly onto a page (Test Students).

If you check that page you will see that everything works, the date filter, ajax updates, and the reset button.

The issue must lie in how you have inserted the filters form independently of the View, but it's not clear to me how you have done that.

All that elements information is showing up on the page. How do I get rid of it?

Plus my problem isn't solved yet. Let me show you what I am trying to achieve: I want the results of my view to display in a bootstrap table. This is the structure I built.

+ View [Only the search form]
+ Bootstrap Table Header
+ View [Only the search results]

As soon as I do this, I get 2 search filters on the top and the date and ajax doesn't work. So I deleted the first view (only the search form) and then there was just one view remaining. That's how there was just the results and yet the search filter could be seen.

Is there another way for me to achieve the results in table form, please let me know. You can check the Test Students Layout that I created. You can preview that and see the errors.

[Also please let me know how can I get rid of those Toolset Debug popups and Elements info that comes below the view. I need to take this to production soon.]

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Rahul

I haven't come across that before, the search form being displayed twice when you insert the form and the results separately.

I made another simple test page to insert the View directly on a page without using Layouts, disabled other non-Toolset plugins and switched theme to twentyseventeen and still saw the same.

I've taken a duplicate of your site to install locally for further testing, and I'll get back to you with my findings.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Rahul

I've been testing a copy of your site trying to identify the problem. I switched to working on my own test site to abstract from any issues arising from working with Genesis and parent-child Layouts.

It seems we have a bug when inserting Views into a Layout where you split the form and the results. I was able to reproduce the problem on my own site that the View filter form gets inserted twice, which interferes with the operation of the filters.

I am escalating this thread so that it can be investigated further by our second tier.

In the meantime can I suggest you try the following workaround.

Where you have used Views cells to insert the View, use Visual Editor cells instead, and use the Fields and Views button of the Visual Editor cell to insert the View. In the first instance you can select inserting the form only, in the second only the results.

By the way, you can have Views generate its output in table-form. See this page for details: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/view-layouts-101/#table

Hi Nigel,
Thanks for the suggestion of adding the output loop in the Table form option. That worked exactly as I wanted. It was foolish of me to not notice that the option of adding in table format was already present.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.