Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Views are broken following a copy / migration of the site

This support ticket is created vor 2 Jahre, 4 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 7 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by patrickF-7 vor 2 Jahre, 3 Monate.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author
Artikel

I am trying to: I need to create a staging site (copy of the prod one). I tried first with a manual copy (DB copy, patch of the DB via Search-Replace-DB, copy of the files, patch of the files with sed) and I also tried with Duplicator. The copy failed with both solutions.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see: I expect to have all the views correctly working as on the prod site

Instead, I got: all the views are broken

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English ) Französisch (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I assume that hidden link is the production site, right? Can you share the staging site or the production site, and some URLs that we can compare?

The views are not working on the staging site, right? Can you share a URL from the production site so we can see the view when working without issues?

Jamal
Supporter

Hello and thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately, this credentials did not work for me too.

On the other hand, I was able to build the duplicator copy locally, and reset the password from the database. But, I'll need something to compare too. Would you allow me temporary access to the production site? I won't update anything, only compare both sites(prod, local copy).

Please share specific URLs or pages where you see the issue. I can't guess what should be what! I need details from so I can see the issue with the same eye.

Please make sure to test the credentials from your end. Your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely. ** Make a database backup before sharing credentials, as a security measure. **

Jamal
Supporter

Thank you for the credentials. They are working for me. However, I don't see any differences between the live site and the duplicator copy that I have locally.

Taking for example the homepage(welcome), it has a view that will show properties that belongs to the current user. Check this screenshot hidden link

I am sorry, but I still do not understand the issue. Can you explain an issue is steps like:
1. I go to xxx
2. I do xxx
3. I expect to have xxx
4. Instead i get xxx

I am sure you will understand that we, as supporters, work on different users websites. We can get lost without your guidance.

Good morning Jamal, did you figure-out why the viewes where broken following the migration ? Do you need any additional information on my side ? Thanks

Jamal
Supporter

Well, I don't consider these views views to be broken. I need your explanation. Please give me a specific example to follow. For example:
- Go to page URL ...
- There is a view named xxx
- I expect this view to do xxx
- Instead I am getting xxx

This way, I can understand what do you mean by broken. From my side, I can't just guess. I need to know what you intend and expect from that view.

Jamal
Supporter

If you don't mind, I'll continue with you, on this ticket, in French. I think it will ease our communication and we can get to solve the issue(s) that you are encountering.

J'ai comparé la page d'acceuil entre ma copie local et votre site, et j'ai remarqué plusieurs différences/problèmes:
1. Une erreur au niveau du menu supérieur.
2. La view sur la page d'accueil était vide sur ma copie.
3. Quand j'ai corrigé la view, les colonnes était sur 50% 50% au lieu de 15% 85%.
4. Le font Baloo n'est pas pris en compte sur ma copie. Et le site est rendu avec Times News Roman.

1. Une erreur au niveau du menu supérieur.
Le menu supérieur utilise une fonction snc_user_has_role qui est définie sur les snippets de code Toolset(Toolset->Paramètres->Codes personnalisés). Les snippets sont toujours désactivés après une migration ou une copie. Pour dés raisons historiques, ceci est prévu par Toolset. Du coup, il faudrait les réactiver sur votre copie du site ou après une migration vers un autre nom de domain ou un autre serveur.

2. La view sur la page d'accueil était vide sur ma copie.
La view est configuré pour retourner les posts de l'utilisateur connecté. Voir cette capture hidden link
Mon utilisateur n'avait aucun post "Proprietés", du coup la view était vide. Quand j'ai assigné le même post à mon utilisateur je pouvais avoir le même contenu.
Honnêtement, je ne vois pas pourquoi vous utilisez ce filtre sur la page d'accueuil. Je peux comprendre son usage dans une page qui doit refléter la situation de l'utilisateur connecté(par example, une page mon compte, ou mon dashboard).
J'aimerais bien savoir votre opinion dessus.

3. Quand j'ai corrigé la view, les colonnes était sur 50% 50% au lieu de 15% 85%.
Je ne peux vraiment pas dire ce qui a passé. Apparement l'extension Ultimate Addons for Gutenberg genère des fichiers CSS pour l'ensemble de ces blocs. Il se peut que c'était ça l'origine. Mais j'ai pu corriger cela après le point 2(par ce qu'il y avait un post avec qui je pouvais previsualiser), juste en sauvegardant la page une deuxième fois.

4. Le font Baloo n'est pas pris en compte sur ma copie. Et le site est rendu avec Times News Roman.
Apparement Astra genère un fichier CSS pour les fonts utilisés. Il s'avère qu'elle genère des URLs qui pointent sur le site d'origine et cela à causé des erreurs CORS. Du coup mon navigateur a utiliser Times News Roman. Voir les capture suivantes hidden link et l'erreur CORS hidden link
Il faudrait donc aller sur les options du customizer et purger les fichier locaux. Voir capture attachée hidden link

Pour résumer ce que j'ai pu trouver à ce niveau, je dirais qu'il faudrait faire les actions suivantes aprés avoir copier le site:
- Activer les snippets de code sur Toolset.
- Regénèrer les fichiers locaux de Astra.
- Resauvegarder toute page/view qui utilise des blocs de Ultimate Addons for Guntenberg.

J'espère que cela vous aide pour corriger votre copie, et je reste à votre disposition pour toute autre question.

Merci beaucoup pour votre investigation et les informations fournies. Je vais re-essayer une migration sur cette base. Cordialement.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.