Skip Navigation

[Geschlossen] User form to let clients add multiple doc's after each lesson day

This support ticket is created vor 2 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 3 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by Nigel vor 2 Monate.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
Artikel

Tell us what you are trying to do?
So my client is educating "normal" people and coaches (not normal :-). After every day they need to upload a doc about that day. This has to be connected to their user. The trainer needs to be able to see these doc's under the users.

I looked to create a repeatable field in the user form but this is not there. How can I add the doc's to the users account so that the teacher can look them up.

Cheers
Marco

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English ) Spanisch (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Marco

This sounds fairly simple, you may get away without relying on relationships.

If you create a CPT for the updates, and a front-end form where the "normal" users can publish an update each day, then they will be the author of those posts.

Are your "not normal" users viewing these updates in the front end or the back end?

If in the back end there are plugins that add filtering to the pages which list posts where you could include an author filter.

If in the back end, in principle you could create a View to display updates, the problem being that Views don't support front end filter controls for post authors. I can give you a workaround for that if you need it, but let me know.

HI Nigel,
Ok, I will investigate this. Interesting 🙂

I only need them to give in a date, title and upload file. You would still recommend this way then?

My developer has created an plugin where the coach will go to to look for these files. This is all done in the backend.

So which one is for the backend? You where talking backend for both 🙂

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English ) Spanisch (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Whether you are doing it from the front end or the back end the best solution seems to me to be to create an "Updates" post type, and add custom fields for the date (unless the date would just be the published date, and you can use that) and a file upload field.

The updates are connected to the users by virtue of them being post authors.

Das Thema „[Geschlossen] User form to let clients add multiple doc's after each lesson day“ ist für neue Antworten geschlossen.