Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] user fields and forms

This support ticket is created vor 2 Jahre, 2 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 5 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by martinP-13 vor 2 Jahre, 2 Monate.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Artikel

i have my site set up and just working on this last little part ,but have an issue.

i currently have a user field group "reg form 1" that shows in this page ( i think toolset auto puts it there) hidden link
it works fine and displays fine.
here is my issue
instead of the fields from reg form 1 , i want to add a cred form(repeatable in the end). i have added the cred form block in wp-admin edit prfile page , it displays ok . i have added the same fields to my cred form.
how ever i now have duplicated content on the edit-profile page , if i turn off the user field group reg form 1 , the user fields added to the form do not work.

how do i simply have my custom fields and add them to a from without toolset inserting them into the edit profile page automatically and duplicating them ? have i added these manually somehow?

you can use login details shezprocter@hotmail.co.uk United99!! to login to view the page , this is an author so no wp-admin ,if you require wp-admin please set me a private reply!!
many thanks in adavance

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Martin,

Thank you for getting in touch.

If I understand correctly, it's that you don't want your custom fields to appear on the Edit form for you User?

instead of the fields from reg form 1 , i want to add a cred form(repeatable in the end).

What's the purpose of the repeatable form at the end ? I'm not exactly sure what you want to achieve.

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

i want the fields to appear on the edit profile page , but rather than reg form 1 (user group) i want those fields in a form as i want to add more fields to the form .
the repeatable field will allow a user to enter a dog they own , if they own 2 they can add 2 dogs. as it is now reg form 1 is displaying and working ok (user groups) if i add a user form and add the fields its duplicated.
am i going about this the wrong way ?
thanks shane

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Martin,

the repeatable field will allow a user to enter a dog they own

Is it a case where you're storing the Dogs on the user's profile ?

If such is the case I recommend that you allow the user to create their dog's as Post Types rather adding it to their user profile.

Where each Dog that the user adds will be its own separate post. The only issue is that the user won't be able to add multiple dog's at once.

The page will need to refresh for them to add a new Dog.

Please let me know what you think of this.

Thanks,
Shane

I dont like this solution, i have achieved my goal using advanced custom fields. thanks for your input.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.