Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Toolset Field Group Values Bulk Import

Dieser Thread wurde gelöst. Hier ist eine Beschreibung des Problems und der Lösung.

Problem:
Toolset Field Group Values Bulk Import

Solution:
You can use Toolset => Export / Import feature.

You can find proposed solution, in this case, with the following reply:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/toolset-field-group-values-bulk-import/#post-913446

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created vor 5 Jahre, 10 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 8 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by Ljuba vor 5 Jahre, 10 Monate.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Artikel

As Types are UPGRADED, is it now available option for bulk import of custom fields values (or nothing new)?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - as I understand you want to import the custom field content (values). there is no such feature but as before you can use CSV import to import your custom field values. So for now as you said, nothing new.

More info:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/how-to-import-content-into-wordpress-using-csv/

01.png

Thanks for reply and link, but please try to be more constructive. So, is it possible to import Post with field created in Pods or ACF, but via Toolset Advanced Export plugin by paste XML in XML text input field (see image), or this is only for Toolset created posts/fields?

Minesh
Supporter

Well - sorry for bit late reply but I was waiting for answer from our Devs regarding your query.

So the answer to your query is no, you can not use the Toolset Advanced Export plugin to import Post with field created in Pods or ACF. The Toolset Advanced Export plugin is specifically designed to use for Toolset Based Theme authors.

Toolset Advanced Export plugin allows you to export and import various settings and content which is not covered by the WordPress XML export. The purpose of exporting and importing this data is to allow users of your Toolset-based theme to receive an exact copy of your site without having to set options manually.

OK

I guess that it should not be difficult for you to understand why I insist on this issue, as you are now also in another my ticket also. You can see that I have a lot of fields with lot of values within fields. I spent huge amount of time to manually add those values, as Toolset is probably ONLY tool of those kinds (ie - Pods, ACF, Formidable, Gravity, Caldera, ....) WHERE IS NO OPTIONS FOR BULK INSERTIONS OF VALUES. Now when site is broken, I should ONE MORE TIME to do it manually.

Depressive and disappointing, right.

Any constructive idea?

Minesh
Supporter

Well - for bulk data import, you can import it using CSV and following are you option that you might already know about it:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/how-to-import-content-into-wordpress-using-csv/

I do not have any other solution to share as there is no such feature to import data.

However - I'm working on your other ticket where module manager screen is black and I see there is fatal error on that screen. I'm reporting it to our next level support for further debug.

Well, I don't ask for data (posts), I ask for Field Values.

I'm actually surprised that there is no way to do it, as Toolset basically have developed and applied technically 101% same system in conditional logic, where you can switch to advanced view and set your own conditional logic in BULK MODE.

It is basically amazing how Toolset is formally faced with this problem from (at least) 2014 (see ticket https://toolset.com/forums/topic/how-to-import-states-and-countries-into-selects-for-fields/) and such feature is still not implemented despite the facts:

1) Toolset is probably (99% sure) only plugin without such feature

2) Toolset already have developed same technical solution (in conditional logic), so it is not so hard to implement it.

3) Toolset don't have solution is case of the 'crashes' (our other ticket), Toolset clients (web developers) are forced to repeat all this hard manual work of values insertions again.

Sound quite trivial (irresponsible) and not very easy to explain how in fact are clients treated (at least 4 years asked feature is never implemented). But please take it just as my personal observations.

So, to conclude. We can close ticket as unsolved, right? No solution, right?

Minesh
Supporter

1) Toolset is probably (99% sure) only plugin without such feature
==> Well - there is one or another way to do it as you know you can do it with module manager but for now as you know we have bug with your install and I've already escalated it. I'm waiting for update on that and I will update you as soon as I know more.

2) Toolset already have developed same technical solution (in conditional logic), so it is not so hard to implement it.
=> Yes - what if you try to use Toolset => Export / Import
=> Once you export it - it will give you all post types and custom fields with values but when you try import, it will allow you to select what you want to import - you should just check/uncheck your desired checkboxes which you want to import.

3) Toolset don't have solution is case of the 'crashes' (our other ticket), Toolset clients (web developers) are forced to repeat all this hard manual work of values insertions again.
==> Could you please try to follow the method I mentioned in #2.

Minesh, GREAT. That's it (and constructive). It worked (Export/Import). However, there is the BUG related to Repeatable Groups (RPG). So, everything is fine, just to make it to works everything, you should to pull out the fields from RPG - save it - put it back. Without this steps, in post when you click on repeater group, it will not be opened (so, that is the BUG). However, all fields, values and conditional logic is saved and E/I correctly. Post can be done just fine.

P.S. - You (Toolset), now with crashed website can do whatever you want (for purpose to debug and see what is problem). Let me know when I can destroy website, as now everything is transferred successfully on new website.

P.S. - Also, it not mean that you should not to remind developers that they should to implement BULK feature.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.