Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] How can we reduce the costs associated with the Google Maps APIs? – Static Maps API

Dieser Thread wurde gelöst. Hier ist eine Beschreibung des Problems und der Lösung.

Problem:
- How can we reduce the costs associated with the Google Maps APIs?
Static Maps API

Solution:
You can find the proposed solution in this case with the following reply:
- https://toolset.com/forums/topic/without-openstreet-maps-how-can-we-make-google-maps-cheaper/#post-2366001

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created vor 1 Jahr, 11 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 7 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by julieP vor 1 Jahr, 11 Monate.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Artikel

In the thread below, if there are any links in the snippets of code Nigel has given as examples that point to a location other than the host website, could those links be unhidden please so that it's clearer how to implement static maps?

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/without-openstreet-maps-how-can-we-make-google-maps-cheaper/

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

You should login to your Toolset account first and then try to visit the related ticket link you shared and you should be able to see whole solution that is shared by Nigel.
=> https://toolset.com/forums/topic/without-openstreet-maps-how-can-we-make-google-maps-cheaper/

Hi Minesh

I was logged in when I visited the thread. Does this mean ALL the links in the code snippets are for the Toolset user's website (non are google urls)??

Minesh
Supporter

Yes, the link will be automatically hidden for visitors. You will require to loggedin to see the links added within the code.

Again: I was logged in when I visited the thread. Logged in or not, I see <u>hidden link</u> not the URL.

It's my understanding that this behaviour is applied to ALL links (whether the viewer is logged in or not) so as to not make public any urls used in tickets and that only the author of the ticket and Toolset support staff can see the original URL. I do know from past tickets, that support staff can unhide links that would be considered "public" (such as one to a google address) and this is what I'm asking for here (unless they need to remain hidden because they're not considered public which was my second question).

Minesh
Supporter

I've pasted the whole solution to this link: hidden link

Could you please check if that helps you, in the mean time we will try to check and address the issue you facing.

Minesh
Supporter

We also fixed the code snippet, the links should be visible to all visitor now.

Excellent, thank you; that's much clearer now

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.