Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] How to use accordions in a View output with the first accordion open

Dieser Thread wurde gelöst. Hier ist eine Beschreibung des Problems und der Lösung.

Problem:
Client is using Bootstrap accordions for a View output but cannot get them to work, and has the requirement that the first accordion should be open.

Solution:
The markup format for using accordions in a View output is shown here: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-displaying-terms-in-accordion-style-list-with-embedded-view/#post-956562

The changes required so that the first accordion is open when the page loads are described here: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-displaying-terms-in-accordion-style-list-with-embedded-view/#post-959872

0% of people find this useful.

This support ticket is created vor 5 Jahre, 9 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 5 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by Ljuba vor 5 Jahre, 9 Monate.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
Artikel

A View displays a list of terms, and for each term has a nested View to display certain posts with that term.

How to display this as an accordion, one section for each term?

Again same think. I posted https://toolset.com/forums/topic/featured-taxonomies/#post-956557 and nothing appear on Dashboard.

P.S. - I have same issue with 'modals' (click on credit cards and banks logos) and 'accordions' as in both cases it basically display only first post View, after I 'wrap' View in new View. I t probably I'm doing something wrong.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English ) Spanisch (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

accordions.gif

I used the example from the Bootstrap docs and included the minimum markup required for it to work.

Here's what my Loop Output section looks like:

[wpv-layout-start]
  [wpv-items-found]
  <div class="panel-group" id="accordion">
  <!-- wpv-loop-start -->
    <wpv-loop>

<div class="panel panel-default">

<div class="panel-heading" id="heading[wpv-taxonomy-id]">
          <h4 class="panel-title">
            <a role="button" data-toggle="collapse" data-parent="#accordion" href="#collapse[wpv-taxonomy-id]">
              [wpv-taxonomy-title]
            </a>
          </h4>
        </div>

<div id="collapse[wpv-taxonomy-id]" class="panel-collapse collapse">
          <div class="panel-body">
            [wpv-view name="offers-of-given-type"]
          </div>
        </div>

</div>

</wpv-loop>
  <!-- wpv-loop-end -->
  </div>
  [/wpv-items-found]
  [wpv-no-items-found]
    <strong>[wpml-string context="wpv-views"]No items found[/wpml-string]</strong>
  [/wpv-no-items-found]
[wpv-layout-end]

You can see the results in the screen recording.

Thanks. It works...but I have still the problems.

1) All accordions are presented closed, and I want (need, must to have) that first accordion be opened. I tried many combinations, but ZERO. I finally get sort of conclusion how that is not possible as all items are in loop (so, behavior must be the same - what I get, as or all are closed or all are opened).

Also, I tried to somehow get 'toggle' to work, as I thought that it should to solve the problem (so, set to open - obviously for ALL, but also activate 'toggle' what should to lead that only first will be open - what I want).

2) Issue is that I couldn't achieve that, not even by direct code, not even by JS (my very bad side).

So, now my accordion View looks as

[wpv-layout-start]
  [wpv-items-found]
  <div class="panel-group" id="accordion">
  <!-- wpv-loop-start -->
    <wpv-loop>

<div aria-multiselectable="true" role="tablist" id="accordion" class="panel-group">
    <div class="panel panel-default">
        <a title="[wpv-taxonomy-title]" aria-controls="collapse[wpv-taxonomy-id]" aria-expanded="true" href="#collapse[wpv-taxonomy-id]" data-parent="#accordion" data-toggle="collapse" id="heading[wpv-taxonomy-id]" role="tab" class="panel-heading collapsed">
            <span class="fa icon-indicator"></span>
            <span class="panel-title">[wpv-taxonomy-title]</span>
        </a>
        <div aria-labelledby="heading[wpv-taxonomy-id]" role="tabpanel" class="panel-collapse collapse" id="collapse[wpv-taxonomy-id]" aria-expanded="true">
            <div class="panel-body">
                [wpv-view name="view-para-ofertas-single"]
            </div>
        </div>
    </div>
</div> 

</wpv-loop>
  <!-- wpv-loop-end -->
  </div>
  [/wpv-items-found]
  [wpv-no-items-found]
    <strong>[wpml-string context="wpv-views"]No items found[/wpml-string]</strong>
  [/wpv-no-items-found]
[wpv-layout-end]

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English ) Spanisch (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

You can use the wpv-item shortcode to output something different for the first iteration of the loop, i.e.

<wpv-loop>
[wpv-item index=1]
<!-- markup here that has an open tab -->
[wpv-item index=other]
<!-- same markup but with a closed tab -->
</wpv-loop>

Because you only need something different for the first loop item that should be sufficient.

GREAT! Works like charm. Thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.